There are many reasons to start running – improved cardiovascular health, increased lung capacity and lower blood pressure. Running also helps to build strong bones and muscles and can help with weight loss.
Running is a great way to reduce stress, boost energy levels, and improve overall mental wellbeing. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned runner, there are many reasons to start incorporating this activity into your life.
by David Stone
for Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
Why you should start running now
The many benefits of running make it an excellent choice if you’re looking to improve your health and fitness. Running can improve cardiovascular health, increase lung capacity and lower blood pressure. Additionally, running helps build strong bones and muscles and can be an effective weight-loss tool.
- See also: Ten Best Running Spots in New York City
In addition to the physical benefits, running is also a great way to reduce stress, boost energy levels, and improve overall mental wellbeing. Whether you’re just starting or you’ve been running for years, there are many reasons to keep this activity a part of your life.
If you’re looking to lose weight, running can be an effective tool – but it’s important to remember that you need to combine it with a healthy diet.
If you have any doubts about your body being strong enough, check with your doctor. And always start a running practice slowly. Jog a little, then walk when you start having trouble breathing. Start jogging again when your breathing is normal. As time passes, increase your jogging segment until it’s all running and walking only to cool down.
Note: It took me around six months to get up to a full run around our four-mile loop.
The Physical Benefits
In addition to the physical benefits, running is also great for your mental health. It can help to reduce stress, boost your energy levels, and improve your mood.
If you’re struggling with anxiety or depression, running can be a wonderful form of self-care. It’s also a great way to clear your head and get some fresh air.
There are endless reasons to start running, but these are just a few of the most important ones. If you’re looking to improve your physical and mental health, there’s no better activity to start incorporating into your life.
So what are you waiting for? Lace-up your shoes and hit the pavement!
Some additional resources…
– “The Complete Book of Running” by James Fixx
– “The Non-Runner’s Marathon Trainer” by David A. Whitsett
Also from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- Is there a connection between school bullying and mental health?School bullying is a serious problem that can have lasting consequences for both the victims and the perpetrators. Some experts believe that there may be a link between school bullying and mental health problems. If
- What is school bullying and its consequences for kids?School bullying is a big problem that can have serious consequences for kids. Bullying can make kids feel isolated, scared, and unsafe. It can also lead to physical and emotional harm. If you suspect your
- A History of Earthquakes in the U.S.If you live in the United States, chances are you’ve experienced an earthquake at some point in your life. That’s the simple history of earthquakes in the U.S. From the devastating 1906 San Francisco earthquake
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.
The Cats in Edward Hopper’s Window Handmade Note Cards$8.99
The Cats Edward Hopper’s Window Cat Art Parody Print$28.00
Racing the Storm, East River-NYC, Handmade Note Card$8.99
Ballet Class Visitor Handmade Note Cards Inspired By Edgar Degas$8.99
Ballet Class Visitor, an Edgar Degas Parody, Cat Art Print$27.98
Love Is In The Air Black Cat Art Greeting Cards$8.99
Black Cat Art Greeting Cards (5-Pack) Handmade$35.00
Black Cat Lovers Fine Art Handmade Greeting Card$7.99
Black Cat Art, Billy’s Jump, Fine Art Print$28.00