There are many reasons to start running – improved cardiovascular health, increased lung capacity and lower blood pressure. Running also helps to build strong bones and muscles and can help with weight loss.
Running is a great way to reduce stress, boost energy levels, and improve overall mental wellbeing. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned runner, there are many reasons to start incorporating this activity into your life.
by David Stone
for Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
Why you should start running now
The many benefits of running make it an excellent choice if you’re looking to improve your health and fitness. Running can improve cardiovascular health, increase lung capacity and lower blood pressure. Additionally, running helps build strong bones and muscles and can be an effective weight-loss tool.
- See also: Ten Best Running Spots in New York City
In addition to the physical benefits, running is also a great way to reduce stress, boost energy levels, and improve overall mental wellbeing. Whether you’re just starting or you’ve been running for years, there are many reasons to keep this activity a part of your life.
If you’re looking to lose weight, running can be an effective tool – but it’s important to remember that you need to combine it with a healthy diet.
If you have any doubts about your body being strong enough, check with your doctor. And always start a running practice slowly. Jog a little, then walk when you start having trouble breathing. Start jogging again when your breathing is normal. As time passes, increase your jogging segment until it’s all running and walking only to cool down.
Note: It took me around six months to get up to a full run around our four-mile loop.
The Physical Benefits
In addition to the physical benefits, running is also great for your mental health. It can help to reduce stress, boost your energy levels, and improve your mood.
If you’re struggling with anxiety or depression, running can be a wonderful form of self-care. It’s also a great way to clear your head and get some fresh air.
There are endless reasons to start running, but these are just a few of the most important ones. If you’re looking to improve your physical and mental health, there’s no better activity to start incorporating into your life.
So what are you waiting for? Lace-up your shoes and hit the pavement!
Some additional resources…
– “The Complete Book of Running” by James Fixx
– “The Non-Runner’s Marathon Trainer” by David A. Whitsett
Also from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- The Pentagon Just Can’t Pass An AuditConservative lawmakers calling for cuts should start with the agency that can’t account for $1.9 trillion — not the programs Americans rely on. By Lindsay Koshgarian | November 29, 2023 The Pentagon just failed its audit —
- How to Safely Deal With Wild Animals in NYCSo, there’s a bat in your apartment. Or a racoon on your fire escape. Or a dolphin on the beach. Who’re you going to call? By Katie Honan Nov 27 5:00am EST There are more
- 5 Unique Ways That People Use Robots Every DayAlthough they once seemed like visions of the future, today, robots contribute to our daily lives. Discover five unique ways that people use robots every day.
- How To Prepare a Clean and Safe Salon EnvironmentIf you want to keep your salon patrons coming back for more, follow these tips for creating a clean and safe environment. A healthy salon is a happy salon!
- Why Roosevelt Islanders need direct voting for the RIOC BoardI moved to Roosevelt Island in 2020 at the height of the pandemic. I was already fairly familiar with Roosevelt Island but I was most struck by two things in my first few months here:
The Cats in Edward Hopper’s Window Handmade Note Cards$8.99
The Cats Edward Hopper’s Window Cat Art Parody Print$28.00
Racing the Storm, East River-NYC, Handmade Note Card$8.99
Ballet Class Visitor Handmade Note Cards Inspired By Edgar Degas$8.99
Ballet Class Visitor, an Edgar Degas Parody, Cat Art Print$27.98
Love Is In The Air Black Cat Art Greeting Cards$8.99
Black Cat Art Greeting Cards (5-Pack) Handmade$35.00
Black Cat Lovers Fine Art Handmade Greeting Card$7.99
Black Cat Art, Billy’s Jump, Fine Art Print$28.00