Draw whatever conclusions fit your beliefs about whether Ari was totally responsible for her depression, poverty, bad luck in romance and her eventual suicide.
But was she assisted, aided along the way, by reinforcement on the Abe Forum that she was a failure?
Maybe the “teachings of Abraham,” familiar to Ari as a longtime listener to the Abraham-Hicks tapes and CD’s, helped along the way:
“We promise you, the timing of your death is always chosen by you.” – Esther Hicks
“Because we know that life is eternal, and we know that there is no ending to that which you are about, if one of you is killed in an earthquake or crashes your plane, or any number of other very creative ways you have found to make your exit into the Non-Physical, because we know the whole picture, we grieve not a moment for any of you.” – Esther Hicks
El Paso, 2001
Death is always suicide…
“The death experience is always suicide. Always. Every time. Because every death experience is created by Self, no matter how it plays out. Every single one of them is created by Self.” – Esther Hicks
This was dished out as a mocking response about a mother who complained about Abraham-Hicks’s role in the suicide of her son, but the worst is this one:
“‘…death’ is a matter of closing one’s eyes in this dimension and literally opening one’s eyes in the other dimension. And that, truly, is how all death is, no matter how it looks, up to that point.. The re-emergence into Source Energy is always a delightful thing.” – Esther Hicks
This came from Esther at an Abraham-Hicks Workshop, in Buffalo, New York, two weeks to the day after the disastrous terrorist attack on on September 11th, 2001.
Not to worry, Ari: “The death experience is always suicide.”
And, it “is always a delightful thing.”
Did Abraham “teachings,” to which Ari was apparently emotionally addicted, contribute to her suicide?
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- The One Thing You Need to Know bout Esther HicksEsther Hicks channels Abraham, a group of non-physical beings who offer guidance on everything from relationships to career advice. Esther has written several books dictated by Abraham. She is also a popular speaker at her
- The Power of Now: Why You Should Be Meditating TodayThe Power of Now is a book by Eckhart Tolle that talks about the importance of living in the present. Tolle believes that living in the present is the key to happiness and inner peace.
- Esther Hicks gave birth to Abraham 3 times. Was it true?Telling the story of Abraham’s birth, Esther Hicks has told at least three different stories, but they are not consistent. Not even close. Which is true? Any of them? Hicks says she channels divine wisdom
- Who is Esther Hicks and Is She Alive Now?Esther Hicks has been a spiritual teacher for decades, and she is most well-known for her work with Abraham. She is best known as the author of the book “Ask and It Is Given” which
- Esther Hicks fans love her, but the question is, Why?As decades of workshops, cruises and bestselling books show, many Esther Hicks fans love her. But what’s behind the unflinching adoration? Their devotion rivals religion, even as it excuses or overlooks major flaws. So, why?