Redistricting forced Democratic congressional representatives Carolyn Maloney and Jerome Nadler into a fight for the same seat. Challenger Suraj Patel, who narrowly missed beating Maloney two years ago, also joins the fight along with Ashmi Sheth in the 12th Congressional District, which includes Roosevelt Island. Helping voters sort out their choices, The Temple Emanu-El Streicker Center at 10 East 66th Street will host a Candidate Forum on August 10th.
The Daily thanks our reader Sylvan Klein for giving us a heads up on this event.
Our apologies. We don’t have a photo of fourth candidate Ashmi Sheth.
The event is free, but to set aside your space, you’re advised to get tickets here.
also from the roosevelt island daily news
- Motorgate Rate Increases, As Foolish As They Are UncaringSometimes, you run out of words. Describing RIOC’s heartless and thick-headed Motorgate rate increases backs us against the wall in frustration. Already grossly incompetent, management under Governor Kathy Hochul and CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J.
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe.
- Is Tribeca Worth Visiting? It’s New York City’s Film CenterIf you’re looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Tribeca is not the place for you. However, if you’re looking for a place to find some of