Posing in colorful costumes on the steps at FDR Four Freedoms State Park, Ballet Hispánico celebrates Pride Month in 2022. The steps are decorated with the city’s largest pride flag, this year featuring the arrow of progress.
About Ballet Hispanico
Founded in 1970, Ballet Hispánico is America’s premier Latino dance organization. They celebrate the ever-evolving diversity of cultures through dynamic dance performances, unique educational opportunities and an inclusive environment that embraces all.
Diversity is at the heart of everything they do, bringing people together, celebrating our commonalities, appreciating our differences and exploring the American experience through a Latinx lens. Everyone has a seat at the table and a voice in the conversation.
Latino dance is an ever-evolving art form that reflects the changing cultural landscape of America. At Ballet Hispánico, they create a more inclusive society by sharing the joy of dance with people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
The group is proud to be a leader in promoting Latino arts and culture and is committed to making programs accessible to everyone. They offer a variety of free and low-cost events throughout the year, including the annual Festival de la Danza Hispánica, which takes place in New York City’s Washington Heights neighborhood.
Ballet Hispånico also offers a variety of educational programs, which provide professional development opportunities for dance educators and aspiring dancers.
Ballet Hispánico is more than just a dance company — they are a family.
more from the roosevelt island daily news
- When You Think About Your Health, Don’t Forget Your EyesBernard J. WolfsonSeptember 22, 2023 I vividly remember that late Friday afternoon when my eye pressure spiked and I staggered on foot to my ophthalmologist’s office as the rapidly thickening fog in my field of … Read more
- Americans now want gun restrictions for those convicted of domestic violenceOriginally published by The 19th Your trusted source for contextualizing America’s core issues. Sign up for our daily newsletter. Want to support this work? Donate today. Michele Bell wishes more politicians knew what she saw … Read more
- A Fabulous New Haynes Lawsuit Gets Crain’s Attention AgainFiled last week, the new Shelton Haynes lawsuit required an article here, but that’s where it should have ended. But Crain’s New York got wind of it and couldn’t resist. Missing much of the substance … Read more
- How to Get the New COVID-19 Vaccine in New York CityThe newest shot is not a booster, and it’s available at pharmacies at no cost. Here’s how to make your appointment for a jab. Rachel Holliday Smith, The City This article was originally published on … Read more
- Building a Better World for People With PMDDAugust 31, 2023 by Ciara McLaren For one week of every month, I have a very bad time. My back aches so badly I struggle to stand up straight. My mood swings from frantic to … Read more