Our sources tell us that Jessica Cerone, long a pillar in RIOC’s Communications Team, quietly stopped coming to work in late April. Paired with also disappeared Erica Spencer-EL, who held multiple management positions, Cerone played a critical role in successes like FIGMENT and The Girl Puzzle Opening.
by David Stone
The passive exit of Cerone adds to a long list of RIOC managers leaving under President/CEO Shelton Haynes’s watch.
The unsettling trend started almost immediately when well-respected Public Information Officer Terrence McCauley lasted only a month with Haynes. It continued with established managers like Spencer-EL disappearing without a word and with new executives like Debra Kustka leaving after less than three months.
Cerone had been with RIOC for nearly 7 years, and her most recent position was Manager, Community Affairs, according to LinkedIn.
Note: Although both Cerone and Spencer-EL have left RIOC, the secrecy-shrouded state agency still lists them a primary media contacts on its website.
Help The Daily continue as your source for accurate local information.
also from the roosevelt island daily news
- Is there a connection between school bullying and mental health?School bullying is a serious problem that can have lasting consequences for both the victims and the perpetrators. Some experts believe that there may be a link between school bullying and mental health problems. If
- Why did the counterculture start? How it’s reflected todayIn the late 1960s, young people across America were rebelling against the “square” Establishment. They started the counterculture movement with changes in music, fashion, and lifestyle. But why did this counterculture start? Let’s take a
- What Does Free Thinking Mean Now? Lessons From the Counterculture“You’re never too old to learn,” people say. And they’re right – I’m currently learning about the art of free-thinking from the hippie counterculture. It’s been an interesting (and somewhat eye-opening) experience, to say the
- OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram Now Edge CloserTestifying before state lawmakers yesterday, MTA chief Janno Lieber answered a question about OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram. It wasn’t great, but it was much better than the hardball his agency took last November.
- What is school bullying and its consequences for kids?School bullying is a big problem that can have serious consequences for kids. Bullying can make kids feel isolated, scared, and unsafe. It can also lead to physical and emotional harm. If you suspect your