The annual outburst of cherry blossoms is Roosevelt Island’s most popular attraction, pulling visitors and grabbing attention on social media. But surprisingly, few know that they have a two month season. And it has already started for 2022.
by David Stone
About Cherry Blossoms
When the cherry blossoms bloom in the springtime, the entire world seems to come alive. The soft pink petals fall gently from the trees, and the sweet aroma of the flowers fills the air. The sight and smell of the cherry blossoms are a sure sign that spring is finally here.
For many people, the arrival of the cherry blossoms is a time to celebrate. Families and friends come together to picnic beneath the blooming trees and enjoy the natural beauty of the flowers. It’s a time to appreciate nature and all of the wonderful things that spring brings.
The cherry blossom season is relatively short, so it’s important to make the most of it while you can. If you’re lucky enough to see the blossoms in person, take some time to stop and admire their beauty.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Haynes, Other Execs Cleared in the “Open Letter” InvestigationIn March 2022, a confidential source handed The Daily an envelope containing an “Open Letter” composed by a group calling itself “We Deserve Better New York.” Frustration and anger spilled off its pages, but the … Read more
- What’s the Latest on the Secret AVAC Failures?“The west side of the AVAC line is obstructed impacting garbage collection via vacuum along the duct work servicing building complex at Westview and BLG 531 (Rivercross),” a RIOC Advisory said. It foreshadowed worse to … Read more
- Dumpster Dive: What’s in NYC’s Trash Now — and What’s NotNew Yorkers are throwing away less, but recycling less too, according to new city data. Samantha Maldonado, The City This article was originally published on Sep 20 5:00am EDT by THE CITY The Department of … Read more
- 5 Ways Manufacturing Companies Can Cut ExpensesFinding ways to maximize efficiency and minimize costs is a crucial part of helping a business thrive. Discover ways manufacturing companies can cut expenses.
- How long has this been going on? The Gaping RIOC Leadership GapA leadership gap at RIOC, with roughly 150 employees, has been evident since mid-summer and has gone unaddressed publicly. That the situation was only marginally better before kept it from seeming the congealed muddle it … Read more