Over a year ago, alongside work on The Girl Puzzle, the Roosevelt Island Lighthouse restoration was underway, projected for a finish in 2021. But some things went wrong, and RIOC missed another suggested finish in February. Where does it stand now?
by David Stone
Updates on the project were infrequent in the past couple of years, but hopes were that the historic lighthouse would be done in time for The Girl Puzzle ribbon-cutting. That happened on December 10th. At the time, the work looked about as it looks now.
Some problems plague the site, but the only one we’re aware of is the glass in the tower. Breaks forced engineers to reconsider recommendations. Because the state agency in charge is so secretive, we don’t know more.
However, in RIOC’s January newsletter, a February finish was projected. No further updates, newsletters or board meetings have taken place in 2022.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe.
- Is Tribeca Worth Visiting? It’s New York City’s Film CenterIf you’re looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Tribeca is not the place for you. However, if you’re looking for a place to find some of
- Can Bromance Turn Into Romance?Hollywood would have us believe that bromance is simply a close, Platonic friendship between two men. But what if there’s more to it than that? What if bromance can turn into something deeper, something more