A year and a half after her dismissal, former RIOC president Susan Rosenthal came back for a ribbon-cutting for The Girl Puzzle. Rosenthal came up with the idea for a Nellie Bly memorial. She also got the ball rolling on restoring the Roosevelt Island Lighthouse.
Later, speakers at the ribbon-cutting ceremony showered praise on her work here.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Plan Ahead: No F Train Service Into Manhattan This WeekendStarting tonight – Friday, August 12th – F Train Service into Manhattan from Roosevelt Island ends for the weekend. F Trains will be rerouted along the E Line, starting at 9:45 p.m., until 5:00 a.m.
- Ivory Needs a Loving Home. Here’s Her Story. By Lylia Saurel Special to The Roosevelt Island Daily News A report from Shelter Animal Count shows that shelters have observed an overall increase in population nationwide by 9.5% over the first quarter of 2022,
- FDR Four Freedoms State Park, Cool Green Oasis in a Hot CityThe long, hot days of summer can be a brutal experience in the city. The concrete and asphalt reflect the heat back up at you, and the dry air seems to suck all the moisture
- THE GREAT MIGRATION FAILED TO BRIDGE THE RACIAL WEALTH DIVIDE. WHAT’S NEXT?Real and lasting economic opportunities for Black families will come only through a serious national reckoning on race. By Dedrick Asante-Muhammad, Briana Shelton | August 3, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News During the early
- Judge Could Allow NYC Council to Revote on Education BudgetNew York City did not follow the proper procedure when approving the roughly $31 billion budget for the education department, a Manhattan judge said Thursday, potentially setting up the City Council to revote on funding