A year and a half after her dismissal, former RIOC president Susan Rosenthal came back for a ribbon-cutting for The Girl Puzzle. Rosenthal came up with the idea for a Nellie Bly memorial. She also got the ball rolling on restoring the Roosevelt Island Lighthouse.
Later, speakers at the ribbon-cutting ceremony showered praise on her work here.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- What is the difference between consciousness and awareness?The consensus belief is that “consciousness is the sum of all our perceptions, and awareness is the sum of all our conscious experiences.” Let’s take a closer look. by David Stone In other words, consciousness
- Crazy Suzanne – PoetrySummer day, late afternoon, Crazy Suzanne appears at my door. “Are my tits getting bigger?” she wonders, raising her shirt up to her shoulders. Never having made their acquaintance before, I was at a loss
- RIOC, Haynes Slammed with New Discrimination LawsuitLast month, precisely one year after being fired, former RIOC in-house counsel Arthur Eliav filed a discrimination lawsuit against his former employer. Also named as defendants are President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes, Chief Counsel Gretchen Robinson
- What is the best time of year to visit New York City?There are a lot of great things about New York City, but one of the best things is that there’s always something to do. No matter what time of year you visit, there’s always a
- New York Assembly Districting Now Sucks Roosevelt Island Into QueensJust when you thought you were safely set in Manhattan, New York State Assembly Districting chucks Roosevelt Island into Queens once more. We survived City Council and State Senate battles, but here we go again.