New photographs by RIVAA artist Anne-Marie Dannenberg add striking colors and ingenious designs to the walls of the Octagon Gallery, in the lobby at 888 Main Street on Roosevelt Island.
With COVID variants surging, a public reception must wait, but the show will remain on view until February 19th. Visits are welcome, however, for now as long as you observe the Octagon’s standing protocols. Those include face masks in all public areas and social distancing.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Sources tell The Daily that redistricting will cost us Serrano but Maloney and Seawright stay for nowThe 2020 Census demands redistricting responsive to the current population. This brings a once every decade shift in district boundaries and community representatives. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Redistricting Means Change With
- Near blizzard conditions possible as coastal storm zeros in on New York CityThe coastal storm we reported on yesterday has grown more clearly defined. The National Weather Service upgraded the “Watch” to a “Warning” with concerning details. Closings and parking restrictions below. by David Stone The Roosevelt
- Dave Kapell Finally Leaves RIOC Board, Four Months After Our RequestWhen we learned, in early October, that board members Dave Kapell and Jeffrey Escobar no longer lived on Roosevelt Island, The Daily asked both to resign. Their appointments were based on their residency. Escobar, always
- Albany Democrats Seize Control of Redistricting, With Unclear Role for PublicClifford Michel and Farah Javed, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Jan 26 at 9:59pm ESTby THE CITY/Sign up here to get the latest stories from THE CITY delivered to you each morning. After years of championing an
- Watch on for up to a foot of snow, starting tomorrow across New York CityUp to a foot of snow is forecast for Roosevelt Island and the rest of New York City. An official Winter Storm Watch is on, with flakes piling up, starting Friday night. by David Stone