Have you ever thought about living on the Upper West Side in New York City? Well, if you haven’t, you should! Here are 10 reasons why:
by David Stone
- You’ll be close to some of the best museums in the world – The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The American Museum of Natural History, and The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum are all just a short walk away. For the Met and the Guggenheim, a 15 minute stroll across Central Park is the bonus.
- 2. The Upper West Side is home to Central Park – one of the most iconic parks in NYC (and the world!).
- 3. You’ll be able to experience some of the best shopping in NYC – from high-end stores to affordable options like H&M and Zara plus countless small boutiques.
- 4. There are endless dining options on the Upper West Side, whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a sit-down meal.
- 5. The Upper West Side is very safe and family-friendly – perfect if you’re looking for a neighborhood to raise kids in!
“Living on the UWS just puts you in an incredibly convenient location..”
- 6. You can find everything you need on the Upper West Side – from grocery stores to laundromats to pharmacies.
- 7 . The UWS is home to many great schools, both public and private, making it a great place to live if you have kids or are thinking about starting a family.
- 8 . The architecture on the Upper West Side is simply stunning – from grand pre-war buildings to beautiful brownstones, there’s something for everyone!
- 9 . There are plenty of things to do on the weekends – from exploring Central Park or going for a run along Riverside Drive to visiting one of the many markets or bakeries in the area.
- 10 . And finally, living on the UWS just puts you in an incredibly convenient location – close enough to Midtown for work but far enough away that you can escape the hustle and bustle when you need to relax!
But there’s even more
The people who live on the Upper West Side are friendly and welcoming
Living on the Upper West Side has many perks and the friendly people who call this neighborhood home are definitely one of them. Residents here often take pride in keeping their streets clean, attending local festivals, and paying it forward.
It’s not unheard of for someone to pick up groceries for a neighbor or keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
Whether you’re looking to join a book club, relax with a cup of coffee at your local cafe or go on a shopping spree, locals know how to come together and have some fun.
The people on the Upper West Side make New York City feel like a small town where everyone is welcome.
You’ll never be bored living on the Upper West Side!
Living on the Upper East Side in New York City is a unique and exciting experience.
With its lively and vibrant atmosphere, the Upper West Side is loaded with attractions for any type of person. From world-class museums and exhibits to some of the best restaurants and bars in the city, there will always be something to do or explore when living here.
Plus, with Central Park nearby, you never have to miss out on spending some time outdoors or visiting a nearby lake or rough shoreline. No matter your interests or hobbies, choosing to call the Upper West Side home guarantees that you’ll never be bored!
So, if you’re looking for a great place to live in New York City, check out the Upper West Side. You won’t be disappointed.