While coffee has been traditionally used as a way to wake people up in the morning, apples are more effective. Apples contain a natural sugar called fructose which helps to wake up the brain and get you going in the morning.
by David Stone
Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
There’s nothing like a cup of coffee to start the day, but apples may be a better way to get going in the morning. Fructose helps to wake up the brain and get you going.
The body metabolizes fructose differently than other sugars, so it’s a good way to give yourself a boost in the morning. And apples are a great source of fiber, which can help keep you feeling full until lunchtime. So next time you’re looking for a way to wake up in the morning, reach for an apple instead of a cup of coffee.
But Isn’t Caffeine a Great Start Too?
Caffeine is a stimulant, so it can wake you up and help you feel more alert. But it also has some drawbacks. Caffeine can cause anxiety and jitters, and it can lead to dependency if you rely on it too much.
Haven’t Recent Studies Shown That Drinking Coffee Is Remarkably Healthy?
Yes, there have been a number of studies in recent years that have shown the many health benefits of coffee. But it’s important to remember that not everyone metabolizes caffeine in the same way, so it’s important to moderate your intake if you’re sensitive to its effects.
And while coffee does have plenty of health benefits, there are also plenty of healthy foods that can give you a boost in the morning. So if you’re looking for a way to wake up and feel your best, reach for an apple instead of a cup of coffee.
Does an Apple a Day Keep the Doctor Away?
Apples are packed with nutrients that can boost your health. They’re a good source of fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. And eating an apple a day has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. So if you’re looking for a way to improve your health, reach for an apple instead of a cup of coffee.
What If I Have a Coffee and an Apple?
Having both a coffee and an apple is a great way to start your day. The caffeine in the coffee will wake you up and the sugar in the apple will give you lasting energy. And you’ll get the added benefits of fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants from the apple. So if you’re looking for the perfect breakfast, have a cup of coffee and an apple.
More from assorted ideas, Large & Small
- Tips for Starting Your Own Independent BookstoreDo you want to turn your passion for books into a lucrative business? Find success with these tips for starting your own independent bookstore.
- Now They’re Coming for Your Beer and My WineThere’s no mistaking the trend, driven by poor science. Federal government resources are coming for your beer and my wine. The CDC says every little swallow adds risk to your life and health, but looked … Read more
- Can Narcissists Change? What the Research Says NowNarcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is challenging, not just for the individual who has it, but also for those of us around them. It’s frustrating, and you find yourself wondering: Can a narcissist change? Let’s explore … Read more
- When You Think About Your Health, Don’t Forget Your EyesBernard J. WolfsonSeptember 22, 2023 I vividly remember that late Friday afternoon when my eye pressure spiked and I staggered on foot to my ophthalmologist’s office as the rapidly thickening fog in my field of … Read more
- Americans now want gun restrictions for those convicted of domestic violenceOriginally published by The 19th Your trusted source for contextualizing America’s core issues. Sign up for our daily newsletter. Want to support this work? Donate today. Michele Bell wishes more politicians knew what she saw … Read more