First Roosevelt Island Tram as an 8 1/2 X 11 inch giclee fine art print by photographer, Deborah Julian. She prints on archival, museum quality paper. All prints signed on the white border. 100% satisfaction guarantee. FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S.
The Fine Art Print Shop @ Assorted Ideas
The first Roosevelt Island Tram struggled to reach old age – for an aerial tram, but eventually had to be replaced. The romance, though, could never be the same.
The First Roosevelt Island Tram
See the past in this fine art photography print. Roosevelt Island replaced the iconic tram with a newer, faster, safer model. But the cabin here, passing a support for the Queensboro Bridge, made an entire community possible. It glided silently to and from Manhattan, crossing the East River.
The Tram ferried passengers into the Midtown Manhattan skyline, nestling between buildings to reach 2nd Avenue. There, it docked, unloaded and made its return trip. For the price of a subway ride, day and night, passengers got spectacular views of Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Manhattan.
THE FIRST ROOSEVELT ISLAND TRAM FINE ART PRINT
“I took this picture next to the Queensboro Bridge’s western pier on Roosevelt Island. The Tram loved as an integral part of Roosevelt Islanders’ lives was just lifting off for another trip to the big island.”
About the Tram
The Roosevelt Island Tram is a commuter tramway in New York City that spans the East River and connects Roosevelt Island to Manhattan. The tramway was opened on October 12, 1976, and is now operated by the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation.
The Roosevelt Island Tram is one of only two aerial commuter tramways in North America, and it is the only one in the United States.
Roosevelt Island is a small island located in the East River between Manhattan and Queens. The island is home to approximately 12,000 residents and is accessible by the Roosevelt Island Tramway, the Roosevelt Island subway station and the Roosevelt Island Bridge.
The Roosevelt Island Tramway has a capacity of up to 120 passengers per cabin and makes approximately 115 trips per day.
More from the Fine Art Print Shop @ Assorted Ideas
- NYC Subway Beauty and Grit: Passing, Brighton BeachAt the elevated NYC Subway Station in Brighton Beach, beauty and grit is the theme in Passing. This joining of seemingly contradictory effects creates an image greater than either. Fine art photographer Deborah Julian captured
- Roosevelt Islander Deborah Julian in PWP Members Show in LICOpening with a free public reception on Thursday, PWP – Professional Women Photographers – hosts MY NYC at Matted, gallery space at 46-36 Vernon Blvd in Long Island City. Among those exhibiting is Roosevelt Islander
- Barcelona Barri Gotic Cistern Fine Art Photography PrintThe Barcelona Barri Gotic Cistern print is an 8 1/2 X 11 fine art giclee. Photographer Deborah Julian creates her prints on Archival Epson Paper. FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S. The Fine Art Shop @ Assorted Ideas The Barcelona
- A Times Square Winter Afternoon Fine Art Photography PrintA Times Square Winter Afternoon Fine Art Photography Print is an 8 1/2 X 11 giclee finished on museum quality, archival Epson paper. All prints ship USPS within 48 hours. Signed. FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S. 100%
- Streets of Venice Fine Art Photography PrintOur Streets of Venice Print is an 8 1/2 X 11 giclee finished on museum quality, archival Epson paper. Photographer Deborah Julian prints exclusively in her workshop. Signed. FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S. All prints ship within two days, United
[…] THE FIRST ROOSEVELT ISLAND TRAM, FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY PRINT BY DEBORAH JULIAN […]
[…] photo of the reindeer on the Roosevelt Island Tram always intrigued me. But I can’t even recall how I got it. I can’t even say which was […]