There are many benefits to using a natural moisturizer, including better health. Some of the ingredients you can use to make your own natural moisturizer include:
by David Stone
To make your own natural moisturizer, simply mix your chosen ingredients until you have a thick, moisturizing cream. You can store this in a jar or container and use it as needed.
There’s a little guesswork involved. Experiment with different combinations of ingredients to find the perfect moisturizer for you! But the bottom line is, none of these can harm your skin. It’s just a matter of finding the right balance for you – because, as you know, none of us are exactly the same.
– Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer and has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
– Olive oil: Olive oil is a great source of vitamin E and helps to moisturize the skin.
– Shea butter: Shea butter is a natural moisturizer that is high in antioxidants and helps to protect the skin from sun damage.
– Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer and has anti-inflammatory properties.
What are the risks of commercial moisturizers?
Commercial moisturizers often contain harsh chemicals and fragrances that can be harmful to the skin. They may also not be effective in moisturizing the skin. By making your own natural moisturizer, you know exactly what ingredients are going into it and can avoid any harmful chemicals.
List some of the harmful chemicals in commercial moisturizers and why they should be avoided.
Harmful chemicals found in commercial moisturizers include:
– Parabens: Parabens are a type of preservative that can be harmful to the skin. They have been linked to cancer and hormone disruption.
– Phthalates: Phthalates are a type of chemical that is used to increase the flexibility of plastics. They have been linked to hormone disruption and male reproductive problems.
– Sodium lauryl sulfate: Sodium lauryl sulfate is a surfactant that is used in many personal care products. It can be harmful to the skin and eyes and is also a known irritant.
By avoiding these chemicals, you can help protect your skin from potential harm.