We are all very different in our unique ways. As hippies, we need to be proud of who we are and live our lives as happy free spirits! What does this mean for you? It’s about being true to yourself and having that inner peace.
by David Stone
Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
What’s it mean to be happy as a hippie?
A hippie is a person who leads a free life and is committed to peace, love, and expanded consciousness. He or she prefers being in nature and doing some form of creative work.
The essentials of a happy hippie are love of nature, passion for peace and a desire to expand consciousness. The free-living lifestyle also helps. Hippies typically reject traditional materialistic values and promote love and unity among all people through music or another type of art form.
Hippies strive to keep themselves healthy and have a balanced lifestyle. That includes preparations for the future, intellectual activities and spending time in nature.
Keeping oneself healthy is a major concern of a hippie. They don’t believe in taking pharmaceutical drugs unless necessary. If ill or needing a doctor, their primary choice is alternative therapies like herbal medicine or homeopathy.
Hippies don’t normally eat meat and they believe in eating organic foods that are grown naturally, not ones that have been genetically modified. Eating healthy is a major part of their lives and many hippies grow food organically to support this lifestyle. Some even live off the land by becoming farmers. Living off the land has advantages such as greater freedom and getting to live near nature.
Other methods of healthy living are fasting, yoga, meditation, proper exercise routines and breathing exercises. Hippies don’t smoke or do drugs unless they can be considered natural like marijuana or hallucinogens like peyote or mushrooms. Even then this is done in moderation.
A happy hippie is a creative hippie
Another important part of a hippie’s life is engaging in some creative activity. Many create music or art as a form of communication expressing their ideas and thoughts on a particular topic. This helps them to connect with other people and heal the environment together. Being around nature is one way to help expand their consciousness by being aware of everything that exists within it.
Hippies typically live an alternative lifestyle with very little focus on materialism or acquiring things for status purposes. They carry out most of their activities in the present moment and strive to be happy with what they already have. This allows them to let go of having certain expectations for themselves and others which helps to create inner peace within themselves.
Balance through growing
At the end of the day, the key to being happy as a hippie is finding balance in all areas of one’s life. Whether it’s enjoying nature, spending time with friends and family or engaging in creative activity, doing these things will help bring peace and happiness into your life no matter what else you may be doing.
Remember that being a hippie is not just about rejecting the traditional lifestyle, it’s also about expanding consciousness. The peace and love that you feel when you are around other people are what differentiates you from someone who is simply rebelling against society for selfish reasons.
Hippies reject materialistic values of what society has told them is important because they want to live a life of freedom. They know that there is more to life than what you can buy and material objects, and this is why they can be happy in the present moment.
It may seem easy for some people to reject society but it takes true courage and strength which comes from within yourself if you choose this lifestyle. It doesn’t mean you have to stay away from society altogether but when you do choose to engage in it, be confident in your beliefs and who you are no matter what others may say.
Being happy as a hippie means figuring out who you really are
Remember that being a hippie is not about following a set of rules, it’s about doing what is right for yourself without having any expectations or motivations. If you’re not happy with it, then change it, but don’t be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them.
It may seem like a lot of hard work but if you truly want to become one with nature and free yourself from the disappointments of the world around us, this is something you need to achieve on your own. There are no shortcuts when it comes to true happiness. The only way you will be able to find it is through balance and moderation in all areas of your life.
When you are happy with who you are within yourself, there is nothing more important than that. Society may tell us otherwise but they haven’t seen what we can accomplish by following our intuition and creative expression.
Remember, being a hippie means finding peace with yourself and everything around you. It’s not just about escaping from society but expanding your consciousness by loving everyone and everything. You will finally be one with nature and free.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- How Practical Exercise Leads to Lasting Benefits in Health and BeautyWe all know that exercise is good for us. It’s been drilled into our heads since we were children. However, sometimes it’s hard to find the motivation to get up and move when we don’t
- What Were The Hippie Beliefs? A 1960s FlashbackThe hippie subculture emerged in the United States during the mid-1960s and became associated with a rejection of mainstream values. Hippie beliefs advocated for peace, love, and personal freedom, among other things. Here is a
- The 5 Best Places for Americans Who Want to Leave AmericaReady to leave America? Every day, it seems like the United States is becoming a more and more divisive place. Political tensions are high, and many people are disillusioned. Troubling trends in midterm elections and
- Freedom Rises As The Sun Sets At The Iconic Park OasisAt an annual event in Roosevelt Island’s FDR Four Freedoms Park, Freedom was more than an overworked cliche. It was dramatic and visionary. Friends and supporters gathered for a special Sunset Garden Party in New
- How Countless Umwelt Universes Prove That There Is No Real WorldIt’s easy to take the world around us for granted. We assume that what we see is an accurate representation of reality. But what if that isn’t exactly the case? What if, instead of one