Coming up, this weekend, get ready for some subway changes, an annual art event and “Near record high temperatures” on Sunday. Snow marked recent weekend weather, but this weekend, snow seems a long way off.
by David Stone
What’s happening, this weekend?
Starting with the basics: “Jamaica-bound F trains will be rerouted via the E after 47-50 Sts to Queens Plaza because of structural maintenance,” the MTA says. In short, you can take an F Train into Manhattan, but you’ll have to find a different way back. You’ve got the Tram, of course, or you can take an E out to Roosevelt Avenue and come back on an F to Roosevelt Island.
Console yourself with art
Saturday evening, the Roosevelt Island Visual Art Association (RIVAA) opens Vernissage 21, its annual group art show, and it marks the 20th anniversary of the day its 527 Main Street gallery opened.
Everyone’s invited to a public reception from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday. Meet the artists and appreciate the art.
But weather is the big news…
Not so much on Saturday, when clouds prevail over a mid 40s high. But by the time some passing showers dampen the overnight, Sunday’s high heads toward a predicted 70. That day, March 6th, is the average date of the last snowfall of 1″ or more in New York City, but not this weekend.
Shirtsleeve weather for a single day gives us a bit of promise during troubling times.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- The New RIOC Passion for Self-Promotion Embarrasses Gretchen RobinsonWhat Chief Counsel Gretchen Robinson did may not embarrass her, but it should. Fifth in a series of what look like Jobs Wanted ads, Robinson snags space on a website set up for… wait for
- Are New York City Streets Getting Filthier? The Numbers Aren’t So ClearMayor Eric Adams’ war on trash and rats has led him to increase funding for more litter-basket pickup and lot-cleanup programs — but his office is at odds with New York’s Strongest about how they
- Motorgate Rate Increases, As Foolish As They Are UncaringSometimes, you run out of words. Describing RIOC’s heartless and thick-headed Motorgate rate increases backs us against the wall in frustration. Already grossly incompetent, management under Governor Kathy Hochul and CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J.
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.