Hoping to start a tradition, the first Roosevelt Island Film Festival opens on Friday June 25th, with its first shows. Featured films run in the Howe Theatre in the Cultural Center. (Schedule & Tickets Here)
By David Stone
As we reported earlier, the first Roosevelt Island Film Festival (RIFF) ends on Sunday, June 27th, at 7:30 p.m. with an award ceremony in the Good Shepherd Community Center.
And yesterday, RIFF released the names of the judges, along with their resumes.
- Actor and former Island Resident Vincent Spano
- Long Time Executive producer of Law and order Matthew Penn
- Oscar winning Screenwriter for “Crash” Bobby Moresco.
- Toni D’antonio actress and producer..
RIFF is the brainchild of filmmaker Toni Vitale who joined forces with Roosevelt Islander and fellow filmmaker Daniel Jordano.
See more about films showing at the festival on its Facebook Page.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Wishes Come True: Seawright and Serrano Propose Strong Residency Requirements for RIOCThis afternoon, Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José Serrano jointly announced a proposed law including residency requirements for RIOC. Such changes have been on the wish list for Roosevelt Island activists for a decade. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Determined to enhance community/RIOC integration while promoting a responsive board have been
- Coming up: MSTDA Teen Theatre’s “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”The Roosevelt Island Daily News Main Street Theatre & Dance Alliance announces the opening of “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” in the Howe Theatre, running Jan 28-30, directed by long-time MSTDA director Jacqueline Lucid. The National Theatre’s Olivier and Tony Award® -winning production of “The Curious Incident of the Dog in
- Tasty Eating, Handling Pain: This Week’s New Zoom Programing from the Carter Burden NetworkWhile the CBN/RI Senior Center remains closed by the COVID surge, the Carter Burden Network pitches in, lining up easy access online programs. Here’s what’s on tap for this week… The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- RIOC’s New Tram Shutdown Comes with Unintended HumorThe new Tram shutdown cuts back to single cabin operations and comes with a taste of Henny Youngman-esque humor. It’s not on purpose though, and the expected miscues repeat. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News About the new Tram shutdown On Sunday, January 23rd, a next phase of Tram maintenance reduces service to
- Hard winter weather sweeping in, but New York City will miss the worst of itby David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News New Yorkers got through the extreme cold weather for which Governor Kathy Hochul issued an alert on Saturday. Residents did fine. Or, for Buffalo Bills fans, better than fine as the team ignored frigid temperatures on the way to a 47 -17 win over New England on