Amanda Matthews’s The Girl Puzzle, honoring Nellie Bly’s life and influence, brought a crowd, but the nearly restored Roosevelt Island Lighthouse reflects an impressive commitment to history.
The authentic light makes it taller and more powerful.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- The New RIOC Passion for Self-Promotion Embarrasses Gretchen RobinsonWhat Chief Counsel Gretchen Robinson did may not embarrass her, but it should. Fifth in a series of what look like Jobs Wanted ads, Robinson snags space on a website set up for… wait for
- Are New York City Streets Getting Filthier? The Numbers Aren’t So ClearMayor Eric Adams’ war on trash and rats has led him to increase funding for more litter-basket pickup and lot-cleanup programs — but his office is at odds with New York’s Strongest about how they
- Motorgate Rate Increases, As Foolish As They Are UncaringSometimes, you run out of words. Describing RIOC’s heartless and thick-headed Motorgate rate increases backs us against the wall in frustration. Already grossly incompetent, management under Governor Kathy Hochul and CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J.
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.