Amanda Matthews’s The Girl Puzzle, honoring Nellie Bly’s life and influence, brought a crowd, but the nearly restored Roosevelt Island Lighthouse reflects an impressive commitment to history.
The authentic light makes it taller and more powerful.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Severe Sleep Apnea Diagnosis Panics Reporter Until He Finds a Simple, No-Cost SolutionThe lab technician who watched me all night via video feed told me that I had “wicked sleep apnea” and that it was “central sleep apnea…” Jay Hancock, Kaiser Health NewsOctober 3, 2022 Republished with
- RIOC Promotes Mary Cunneen, Staffer with a “History.”Mary Cunneen, then Director of Parks and Recreation at RIOC, got my attention in 2018 when I ran into two women crying on Main Street. Cunneen, they said, was trying to shut down the Southpoint
- Most Americans believe #MeToo has changed the climate around workplace sexual misconductOriginally published by The 19th Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Almost five years since the #MeToo went viral, new data from the Pew Research Center finds that most Americans believe that the
- When the Dog Ate Their Homework, RIOC’s Credibility Took A HitRIOC’s credibility took a hit on Saturday. No, the dog did not eat their homework, but it was damn close. Their “AVAC plant was struck by lightning,” they said. Show jaw drops here. The trouble
- At RIOC, a Return to In-Person Board Meetings and the LyingAlthough there was plenty of misdirection and evasion as RIOC staged its first in-person post-COVID board meeting, we’ll focus on the worst of the lying. It was a return to tradition for the Shelton J.