Style is coming Roosevelt Island – Free! – on Saturday, thanks to Eileen Fisher Renew and the Carter Burden Network. All ages welcome. You just gotta have style.
By David Stone
Eileen Fisher Renew for Roosevelt Island
We created EILEEN FISHER Renew so we could extend the lifecycle of the clothes we love. Our philosophy is simple: Buy quality pieces, wear them as long as possible—and when you’re done with them, pass them on to someone else.Website
Sound too good to be true? It does, but the world class fashion designer has done this for years.
“We’re taking our clothes back—over 1.5 million pieces since 2009—to be resold, donated or remade into new designs. It’s all part of our vision for a future without waste,” they say.
And the Carter Burden Network is on hand, making sure it works for Roosevelt Islanders.
“Open to the entire RI community,” says CBN director Lisa Fernandez, and they are ready to go. “We picked up 1,000 pieces of clothing this morning!”
Trust history. These beautiful, renewed designs will go fast. A thousand may be less than you think. And be sure to wear your face mask.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Haynes, Other Execs Cleared in the “Open Letter” InvestigationIn March 2022, a confidential source handed The Daily an envelope containing an “Open Letter” composed by a group calling itself “We Deserve Better New York.” Frustration and anger spilled off its pages, but the … Read more
- What’s the Latest on the Secret AVAC Failures?“The west side of the AVAC line is obstructed impacting garbage collection via vacuum along the duct work servicing building complex at Westview and BLG 531 (Rivercross),” a RIOC Advisory said. It foreshadowed worse to … Read more
- Dumpster Dive: What’s in NYC’s Trash Now — and What’s NotNew Yorkers are throwing away less, but recycling less too, according to new city data. Samantha Maldonado, The City This article was originally published on Sep 20 5:00am EDT by THE CITY The Department of … Read more
- 5 Ways Manufacturing Companies Can Cut ExpensesFinding ways to maximize efficiency and minimize costs is a crucial part of helping a business thrive. Discover ways manufacturing companies can cut expenses.
- How long has this been going on? The Gaping RIOC Leadership GapA leadership gap at RIOC, with roughly 150 employees, has been evident since mid-summer and has gone unaddressed publicly. That the situation was only marginally better before kept it from seeming the congealed muddle it … Read more