Style is coming Roosevelt Island – Free! – on Saturday, thanks to Eileen Fisher Renew and the Carter Burden Network. All ages welcome. You just gotta have style.
By David Stone
Eileen Fisher Renew for Roosevelt Island
We created EILEEN FISHER Renew so we could extend the lifecycle of the clothes we love. Our philosophy is simple: Buy quality pieces, wear them as long as possible—and when you’re done with them, pass them on to someone else.Website
Sound too good to be true? It does, but the world class fashion designer has done this for years.
“We’re taking our clothes back—over 1.5 million pieces since 2009—to be resold, donated or remade into new designs. It’s all part of our vision for a future without waste,” they say.
And the Carter Burden Network is on hand, making sure it works for Roosevelt Islanders.
“Open to the entire RI community,” says CBN director Lisa Fernandez, and they are ready to go. “We picked up 1,000 pieces of clothing this morning!”
Trust history. These beautiful, renewed designs will go fast. A thousand may be less than you think. And be sure to wear your face mask.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Are New York City Streets Getting Filthier? The Numbers Aren’t So ClearMayor Eric Adams’ war on trash and rats has led him to increase funding for more litter-basket pickup and lot-cleanup programs — but his office is at odds with New York’s Strongest about how they
- Motorgate Rate Increases, As Foolish As They Are UncaringSometimes, you run out of words. Describing RIOC’s heartless and thick-headed Motorgate rate increases backs us against the wall in frustration. Already grossly incompetent, management under Governor Kathy Hochul and CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J.
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe.