Style is coming Roosevelt Island – Free! – on Saturday, thanks to Eileen Fisher Renew and the Carter Burden Network. All ages welcome. You just gotta have style.
By David Stone
Eileen Fisher Renew for Roosevelt Island
We created EILEEN FISHER Renew so we could extend the lifecycle of the clothes we love. Our philosophy is simple: Buy quality pieces, wear them as long as possible—and when you’re done with them, pass them on to someone else.Website
Sound too good to be true? It does, but the world class fashion designer has done this for years.
“We’re taking our clothes back—over 1.5 million pieces since 2009—to be resold, donated or remade into new designs. It’s all part of our vision for a future without waste,” they say.
And the Carter Burden Network is on hand, making sure it works for Roosevelt Islanders.
“Open to the entire RI community,” says CBN director Lisa Fernandez, and they are ready to go. “We picked up 1,000 pieces of clothing this morning!”
Trust history. These beautiful, renewed designs will go fast. A thousand may be less than you think. And be sure to wear your face mask.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Happy Holiday Gifts for Cat Lovers and FriendsBest Choice Gifts for Cat Lovers Gifts for cat lovers from handmade artist Deborah Julian bring you a wide choice of cards and artwork that will delight and stay. High quality Famous Artists’ Cats Card
- The View, Roosevelt Island’s Secret Front Yard in AutumnRoosevelt Island’s secret front yard wasn’t built for hiding, but history made it that way. As a result, it’s easy to miss as it slopes toward the East River. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island
- “Miracle on Main Street,” RIVAA Holiday Group Show Opens SaturdayIn a holiday tradition, on Saturday, December 4th, the Roosevelt Island Visual Art Association, opens Miracle on Main Street. Everyone is invited to meet the artists and appreciate their work at a free public reception
- Fulfilling a community’s worst fears, the Southpoint “renovation” is now completeIs the now finished Southpoint “renovation” an example of tasteless bureaucrats run amuck or something worse? Redeeming virtues are few, and a walk through repeatedly brings up the question: Why? By David Stone The Roosevelt
- Good news now: The reindeer herd at the Tram Plaza has not been culled…As we reported earlier, RIOC’s holiday decorating team planned on culling the reindeer herd in the Tram Plaza, from five to four. But in reality, they went the other way. There are now six “healthier”