Roosevelt Island-based Wildlife Freedom Foundation, its founder and volunteers earn local Earth Day attention on NBC’s Today Show tomorrow.
By David Stone
UPDATE: We thank our friend Sylvan Klein for sending over a link to this video with Roosevelt Island’s Wildlife Freedom Foundation volunteers joining Al Roker on Earth Day: Earth Day 2021 on Roosevelt Island.
The Roosevelt Island Daily has learned that, at the invitation of Restore Our Earth, an initiative of EarthDay.org, Roosevelt Islander Rossana Ceruzzi will appear on NBC’s Today Show with volunteers from the Wildlife Freedom Foundation (WFF).
Last summer, Ceruzzi (Kneeling in Center) lead a protest against RIOC’s plans to destroy the shorelines in Southpoint Park.
Join the 7:00 a.m. Today Show segment inside Southpoint Park near the west entrance.
Tune in for Earth Day, April 22nd, 2021, on NBC, Channel 4.
- Shuffling Schedules, RIOC Creates a Greater Gap with the CommunityA greater gap between RIOC and Roosevelt Islanders is not what elected officials expected when they grilled board chair RuthAnne Visnauskas earlier this year. Visnauskas assured Senator Liz Krueger and Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright that she’d increase community engagement. But the opposite happened and, as of this week, has accelerated. by David Stone The Roosevelt
- Now Is Your Chance for a Great Deal on Art, Thanks to Gallery RIVAAStarting Thursday, December 7th, you can take home some great art from our local artists at Gallery RIVAA, 527 Main Street. Affordable Art lasts just four days but brings a chance to win art as well as loosen up your purse strings for it. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Affordable Art is, for art lovers,
- Can we talk… with RIOC? CB8 invites Roosevelt Island engagementCommunity Board 8 (CB8) Roosevelt Island committee chair, Paul Krikler, opens a window next week where the community can connect. That’s not just with RIOC, but it’s also with each other and a shot at powering up. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News “”This is a community forum, and the whole point is
- New York City Health & Hospital’s Community Mural Project Graces Coler“Healing in Community,” a part of NYC Health & Hospitals’s mural project, went live on December 1st at Roosevelt Islands’s Coler Rehabilitation Center. It’s one of nine additions to the wide-ranging effort this year. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The Community Mural Project is believed to be the country’s largest public hospital
- The “Eviction Machine” Now Slams Into Roosevelt IslandAs a community, we always thought we were immune from these things, but the “eviction machine” described in a New York Times article, is building up momentum, attacking Roosevelt Island’s most vulnerable residents. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News What happened…shows how New York City’s housing court system, created in part to shelter