Roosevelt Island-based Wildlife Freedom Foundation, its founder and volunteers earn local Earth Day attention on NBC’s Today Show tomorrow.
By David Stone
UPDATE: We thank our friend Sylvan Klein for sending over a link to this video with Roosevelt Island’s Wildlife Freedom Foundation volunteers joining Al Roker on Earth Day: Earth Day 2021 on Roosevelt Island.
The Roosevelt Island Daily has learned that, at the invitation of Restore Our Earth, an initiative of EarthDay.org, Roosevelt Islander Rossana Ceruzzi will appear on NBC’s Today Show with volunteers from the Wildlife Freedom Foundation (WFF).
Last summer, Ceruzzi (Kneeling in Center) lead a protest against RIOC’s plans to destroy the shorelines in Southpoint Park.
Join the 7:00 a.m. Today Show segment inside Southpoint Park near the west entrance.
Tune in for Earth Day, April 22nd, 2021, on NBC, Channel 4.
- Why RIOC’s New Constituent Services Department Is Total Bull-oneyNext up in RIOC’s Hall of Cringe-Worthy Moments, another screaming headline: “PRESIDENT HAYNES ANNOUNCES NEW CONSTITUENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT WITHIN RIOC.” It scores a triple crown of hypocritical, condescending and stupid. How can this highly paid confederacy of dunces make gross error after error and never pay a price? Maybe because all the strings are being
- Will Roosevelt Island Day Be Diminished Again This Year?Roosevelt Island Day shrunk after 2019, partly because of excessive COVID-19 concerns, but what happens in 2023? President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes’s organizers can regain some lost community support, returning some enthusiasm for 2023. But the signs so far are not good. A late announcement and a lackadaisical poster lacking all originality won’t stoke enthusiasm. by
- From Jazz to Hip-Hop: How Harlem Transformed into a Groovy Hub of Music in New York CityThe culturally rich neighborhood of Harlem in New York City has been an epicenter for music since the early 20th century. From the birth of jazz to hip-hop, Harlem has served as a breeding ground for some of the most influential musical genres in American history. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The
- Broadway Unmasked: Behind the Theatre District’s Meteoric RiseBroadway is an iconic part of American culture, a place where dreams come true and stories are brought to life. From its humble beginnings as a small collection of theaters in the late 19th century, Broadway has grown into one of the most renowned theater districts in the world. But what led to its meteoric
- Lunatic Fringe – Is Shelton Haynes Job-Hunting on Your Dime?Reporting that “He’s at it again” isn’t enough as what looks for all the world like RIOC President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes job-hunting secures a spot cleanly on the lunatic fringe. In a new paid public promo, the composer positions Haynes as Roosevelt Island’s hero-come-lately. It gets really nutty before it ends. by David Stone The
[…] Rossana Ceruzzi and Wildlife Freedom Foundation Volunteers on Today Show for Earth Day […]