Roosevelt Island-based Wildlife Freedom Foundation, its founder and volunteers earn local Earth Day attention on NBC’s Today Show tomorrow.
By David Stone
UPDATE: We thank our friend Sylvan Klein for sending over a link to this video with Roosevelt Island’s Wildlife Freedom Foundation volunteers joining Al Roker on Earth Day: Earth Day 2021 on Roosevelt Island.
The Roosevelt Island Daily has learned that, at the invitation of Restore Our Earth, an initiative of EarthDay.org, Roosevelt Islander Rossana Ceruzzi will appear on NBC’s Today Show with volunteers from the Wildlife Freedom Foundation (WFF).
Last summer, Ceruzzi (Kneeling in Center) lead a protest against RIOC’s plans to destroy the shorelines in Southpoint Park.
Join the 7:00 a.m. Today Show segment inside Southpoint Park near the west entrance.
Tune in for Earth Day, April 22nd, 2021, on NBC, Channel 4.
- Happy Holiday Gifts for Cat Lovers and FriendsBest Choice Gifts for Cat Lovers Gifts for cat lovers from handmade artist Deborah Julian bring you a wide choice of cards and artwork that will delight and stay. High quality Famous Artists’ Cats Card Sets “Each handmade card starts with a giclee print, one just like my fine art, but smaller, that I insert
- The View, Roosevelt Island’s Secret Front Yard in AutumnRoosevelt Island’s secret front yard wasn’t built for hiding, but history made it that way. As a result, it’s easy to miss as it slopes toward the East River. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The View: Roosevelt Island’s Secret Front Yard Near the end of the 18th Century, the Blackwell family built
- “Miracle on Main Street,” RIVAA Holiday Group Show Opens SaturdayIn a holiday tradition, on Saturday, December 4th, the Roosevelt Island Visual Art Association, opens Miracle on Main Street. Everyone is invited to meet the artists and appreciate their work at a free public reception from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. This is a group show featuring creations from artists across the collective’s spectrum. Gallery RIVAA
- Fulfilling a community’s worst fears, the Southpoint “renovation” is now completeIs the now finished Southpoint “renovation” an example of tasteless bureaucrats run amuck or something worse? Redeeming virtues are few, and a walk through repeatedly brings up the question: Why? By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Look at What RIOC and Partner Langan Call the Southpoint Renovation When I was a kid, “urban
- Good news now: The reindeer herd at the Tram Plaza has not been culled…As we reported earlier, RIOC’s holiday decorating team planned on culling the reindeer herd in the Tram Plaza, from five to four. But in reality, they went the other way. There are now six “healthier” reindeer chewing the grass near the RIHS Kiosk. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Not Culling the Reindeer