Everything Is Connected
How to find your way out of a paper bag…
Everything is connected… It’s a fact, and facts don’t care what you think. They just sit there. Pick a fight with them, and they won’t even punch back. They’re not always permanent. You can bend them.
By David Stone
How Everything Works Together In This Seamless Universe
Facts change, not because you want them to but because they get run over by better facts.
Facts are infrastructure, and sometimes a This Old House effect flushes aged wood and steel and replaces it with newer woods, better tempered irons, plastic. Flooring’s always the first to go, and walls are ridiculous without floors for meaning and context.
Threads spill into ribbons, whirling through nourishing soups of energy, dipping and diving. Reality stuff is electric. It’s all over the place until we put our minds together and make something of it.
Unbroken fabric sizzling with possibility buzzes a puzzle, not an answer. Look around: we know what happens.
All you see and the invisible you feel, the stuff that makes all the choices worth something.
Fools make facts spiritual, but religion can’t wiggle its way into facts. They shouldn’t even be in the same room. They have less synergy than tectonic plates.
Of course, everything’s connected. Isn’t it obvious? We never fall through holes into anyone else’s dream, and that’s why. It’s unbroken. No rips, no tears, and no falsies.
We learned in school — there are no vacuums.
No homeless voids bopping around the universe… Everything bumps up against something else, really, against everything else, Bell’s mind bending revelation, proving everything we believed was wonderfully wrong. Weirder than weird but not forever.
You find more space between bodies in a tango.
Everything Connected But Not Simple
It’s all connected in a dizzying, impossible to get your head around myriad dreamed up in unity since the beginning of time that wasn’t.
How connected to whatever, near and far? That question opens doors into rooms without walls.
“Why?” is what makes your head spin, the only question that must be answered.
And facts? In the real world, who the hell needs ‘em?
We’re here for one thing. Everything else, caught in the web.
We’re here to absorb experiences added to a pool of knowledge at play, building out the architecture of reality.
We’re not here to repeat ourselves or forever recite poems written over the ages. We’re here because things aren’t finished yet, and inspiration whispers us toward an unknowable finish line.
Listen and you’ll hear it.
Everything is connected.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- Curtains, Broadway Musical Blockbuster at MSTDA NowOpening last night, Curtains filled the Howe Theatre with the songs, dances, comedy and drama that once thrilled audiences on Broadway. The vehicle brought David Hyde Pierce a Tony Award and, today, a fresh cast
- Liu Shiming Exhibit at Gallery RIIVAA on Roosevelt IslandThe Liu Shiming exhibition at Gallery RIVAA, 527 Main Street, Roosevelt Island, opens Saturday, May 21st at 2:00 p.m. The works are from the Liu Shiming Foundation Museum in China. The opening is at 2
- Another RIOC Board Meeting and Yada Yada Yada, Ouch!RIOC’s May Board Meeting crawled by on the 19th with a little business, plenty of evasions… and then, some residents finally got their say. It wasn’t entirely humorless, but the fun was unintentional. That’s just
- Quick Note: MBP Mark Levine Brings Free COVID Tests on Saturday“Borough President Mark Levine in partnership with the Roosevelt Island Disabled Association will be providing at home COVID self-test kits as well as hand sanitizers at the RIDA Flea Market on Saturday 5/21 at Church
- CBN Takes High Road After Being Nearly Skunked by NYCT/RIOCIt won’t change the botched allocations squeezed out by a strange group of supposedly unbiased, yet well-informed individuals cooked up between RIOC and the New York Community Trust, but the Carter Burden Network‘s Executive Director