Do you ever feel like you’re missing something? That there’s more to life than what you’re currently experiencing? If so, you’re not alone. A lot of people feel this way, and it’s because we all have a higher self waiting to be connected with. This guide is designed to help you do just that. By learning how to connect with your higher self, you’ll gain access to a wealth of knowledge and wisdom that can help you live a happier, more fulfilled life. So what are you waiting for? Start reading now!
By: David Stone
for Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
How To Connect with Your Higher Self
Being a spiritual aspirant all my life and always striving to connect with my Higher Self, I am often asked by beginners how it can be done. This article is an attempt to answer that question as briefly as possible.
First, let me state the obvious; no one else but you can connect with the Higher Self. The world is full of therapists, guides and gurus who give instructions, but nobody can do it for you. It is a path that each individual has to walk by himself or herself.
In my many years of this spiritual quest, I have come across many methods which claim to connect one with one’s Higher Self. Most of these are very time-consuming and don’t even work after one has practiced them for many years.
Sadhguru explains how to connect with the Higher Self in two minutes
However, there is one technique that can be used by anyone and produce results within a minute or so. It is called the “AUM Technique.” It is very simple and the explanation by Sadhguru takes about two minutes.
The AUM Technique: Sit comfortably with a straight spine, eyes closed. Exhale completely and make the sound of “AUM” (or “OM”) slowly and gently, prolonging the sound. Let the whole length of your breath be AUM. Do not think about anything when you chant AUM Keep chanting AUM till it starts resonating in your body.
How long should one chant? Either until the resonance is established or for two minutes maximum. If you apply yourself diligently to this practice, you will very soon start experiencing the resonance of this sound in your body.
The AUM technique is used by all religions to connect with the Higher Self
I have heard this technique from many seekers and I have practiced it for a long time. However, I was not very successful until three months ago when I realized that if one just does what Sadhguru says in the video, without any expectation or desire of results, one can successfully get connected with the Higher Self very quickly.
It is even simpler than that! If you are willing to get connected with your Higher Self, you have already taken an important step towards it. From what I have observed over many years of teaching this technique to seekers is that, if you are willing to get connected, the universe conspires with you and makes it happen quickly.
So I would like to clarify that one doesn’t even need to do anything; just be open to new ideas which can turn your life around very quickly.
Thus, this technique brings joyful awareness of existence into one’s life which is what all spiritual paths are trying to achieve. So, irrespective of your spiritual path or religion, you can successfully use this technique to get connected with the Higher Self quickly.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- Severe Sleep Apnea Diagnosis Panics Reporter Until He Finds a Simple, No-Cost SolutionThe lab technician who watched me all night via video feed told me that I had “wicked sleep apnea” and that it was “central sleep apnea…” Jay Hancock, Kaiser Health NewsOctober 3, 2022 Republished with
- RIOC Promotes Mary Cunneen, Staffer with a “History.”Mary Cunneen, then Director of Parks and Recreation at RIOC, got my attention in 2018 when I ran into two women crying on Main Street. Cunneen, they said, was trying to shut down the Southpoint
- Most Americans believe #MeToo has changed the climate around workplace sexual misconductOriginally published by The 19th Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Almost five years since the #MeToo went viral, new data from the Pew Research Center finds that most Americans believe that the
- When the Dog Ate Their Homework, RIOC’s Credibility Took A HitRIOC’s credibility took a hit on Saturday. No, the dog did not eat their homework, but it was damn close. Their “AVAC plant was struck by lightning,” they said. Show jaw drops here. The trouble
- At RIOC, a Return to In-Person Board Meetings and the LyingAlthough there was plenty of misdirection and evasion as RIOC staged its first in-person post-COVID board meeting, we’ll focus on the worst of the lying. It was a return to tradition for the Shelton J.