The Hunters Point Park Conservancy announced its new season of outdoor summer movies. Hunters Point South, where the movies are shown along the East River waterfront is just a short ferry ride and a walk from Roosevelt Island. Their press release and schedule are below.
CinemaLIC RETURNS FOR EIGHTH SEASON IN HUNTERS POINT SOUTH PARK
Long Island City, NY – Hunters Point Parks Conservancy (HPPC) is pleased to announce that CinemaLIC will return to Hunter’s Point South Park for an eighth year in the summer of 2022. This year will feature four films in the park, with the season debuting on Thursday, July 14, followed by screenings on August 6, August 27, and September 9.
For the July 14 screening, HPPC is partnering with Gotham Point to bring 2018’s Black Panther to the park as part of their summer sponsorship. The next two films, Skyfall (2012) on August 6 and the Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021), are once again sponsored by Nest Seekers, which has been supporting the organization’s movie nights since they began. On September 9, HPPC is partnering with Shibley Day Camp to show Disney’s Encanto (2021).
HPPC is working with Rooftop Films to provide a state-of-the-art viewing experience in the park, featuring a 30’ inflatable screen with enhanced video projection equipment, allowing for remarkable color, clarity and sound and a fantastic experience for all moviegoers.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to show off our beautiful LIC Waterfront with the best outdoor movie experience anywhere,” said Rob Basch, President of Hunters Point Parks Conservancy. “We look forward to seeing hundreds of smiling faces enjoying our 8th year of movies. Thank you to our sponsors and parks staff for helping make this happen.”
HPPC thanks Nest Seekers, Gotham Point, and Shibley Day Camp for sponsoring this beloved family-friendly program for its eighth year.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase during the movies at Ottomanelli’s. No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park. HPPC also asks that all moviegoers remember to clean up any food or beverages they bring with them.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- The New RIOC Passion for Self-Promotion Embarrasses Gretchen RobinsonWhat Chief Counsel Gretchen Robinson did may not embarrass her, but it should. Fifth in a series of what look like Jobs Wanted ads, Robinson snags space on a website set up for… wait for
- Are New York City Streets Getting Filthier? The Numbers Aren’t So ClearMayor Eric Adams’ war on trash and rats has led him to increase funding for more litter-basket pickup and lot-cleanup programs — but his office is at odds with New York’s Strongest about how they
- Motorgate Rate Increases, As Foolish As They Are UncaringSometimes, you run out of words. Describing RIOC’s heartless and thick-headed Motorgate rate increases backs us against the wall in frustration. Already grossly incompetent, management under Governor Kathy Hochul and CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J.
- How To Make Your Small Business MemorableBecome a familiar business in your community. Discover how to make your small business memorable and make a lasting impression on consumers.
- Common Testing Doctors Use To Find CancerIf your doctor’s worried that you have cancer, there are specific tests they’ll order. These are a few of the common tests doctors use to find cancer.