RIOC illiteracy is so commonplace, these days, it’s hardly worth noticing, and they’re so bunkered, not much squeezes out anyway. But today, we took notice. A RIOC advisory was so inept, it had us dreaming of getting the dreaded Communications Team back. No, really.
by David Stone
Due to tram maintenance the south roadway is currently closed till further notice. No RIOC Red Bus or MTA Q102 bus headed south bound.RIOC Advisories, 10:30 a.m., June 7th, 2022.
This advisory is so flabbergastingly bad, it’s hard to know where to begin. But let’s start with the “south roadway.”
Roosevelt Island does not have a “south roadway.” There is a South Loop Road, but that’s way down by Southpoint, football fields away from the Tram (which should be capitalized.) What the hell?
Distilled, this advisory exposes again how detached from the Island it allegedly serves the flakey, bunkered state agency is.
One irritated resident complained, “No prior notice last night or earlier this morning of any kind… (of Tram maintenance.)”
That’s right. This was the first notice about any Tram maintenance for the day.
And “No RIOC Red Bus or MTA Q102 bus headed south bound.” From where to where, if you don’t mind?
And isn’t “south bound” one word, like “southbound?”
RIOC’s once vaunted Communications Team is gone but not forgotten or replaced. They made their share of loopy mistakes, but we’re now on the other side of awful, in a land where no description exist.
The problem is, Roosevelt Islanders are assessed tens of millions of dollars in funding this mess. How much longer will Governor Hochul force it on us?
Also from the roosevelt island daily
- New York City Health & Hospital’s Community Mural Project Graces Coler“Healing in Community,” a part of NYC Health & Hospitals’s mural project, went live on December 1st at Roosevelt Islands’s Coler Rehabilitation Center. It’s one of nine additions to the wide-ranging effort this year. by
- The “Eviction Machine” Now Slams Into Roosevelt IslandAs a community, we always thought we were immune from these things, but the “eviction machine” described in a New York Times article, is building up momentum, attacking Roosevelt Island’s most vulnerable residents. by David
- Who Just Made the Big Fat Silence You Didn’t Hear?It was RIOC, and that big fat silence billowed out in every direction as it had for months. Starting with brutal accusations in a lawsuit condemning a wide swath of Roosevelt Islanders as racists, the
- FDNY Canceled a Dozen Inspections, Including at a Brooklyn Public School, to Fast Track City Hall VIPFire chiefs raised concerns about favoritism in the earliest months of the Adams administration, internal emails obtained by THE CITY show, as well-connected developers like The Related Companies lobbied to cut the fire inspection
- The Pentagon Just Can’t Pass An AuditConservative lawmakers calling for cuts should start with the agency that can’t account for $1.9 trillion — not the programs Americans rely on. By Lindsay Koshgarian | November 29, 2023 The Pentagon just failed its audit —