RIOC illiteracy is so commonplace, these days, it’s hardly worth noticing, and they’re so bunkered, not much squeezes out anyway. But today, we took notice. A RIOC advisory was so inept, it had us dreaming of getting the dreaded Communications Team back. No, really.
by David Stone
Due to tram maintenance the south roadway is currently closed till further notice. No RIOC Red Bus or MTA Q102 bus headed south bound.RIOC Advisories, 10:30 a.m., June 7th, 2022.
This advisory is so flabbergastingly bad, it’s hard to know where to begin. But let’s start with the “south roadway.”
Roosevelt Island does not have a “south roadway.” There is a South Loop Road, but that’s way down by Southpoint, football fields away from the Tram (which should be capitalized.) What the hell?
Distilled, this advisory exposes again how detached from the Island it allegedly serves the flakey, bunkered state agency is.
One irritated resident complained, “No prior notice last night or earlier this morning of any kind… (of Tram maintenance.)”
That’s right. This was the first notice about any Tram maintenance for the day.
And “No RIOC Red Bus or MTA Q102 bus headed south bound.” From where to where, if you don’t mind?
And isn’t “south bound” one word, like “southbound?”
RIOC’s once vaunted Communications Team is gone but not forgotten or replaced. They made their share of loopy mistakes, but we’re now on the other side of awful, in a land where no description exist.
The problem is, Roosevelt Islanders are assessed tens of millions of dollars in funding this mess. How much longer will Governor Hochul force it on us?
Also from the roosevelt island daily
- Severe Sleep Apnea Diagnosis Panics Reporter Until He Finds a Simple, No-Cost SolutionThe lab technician who watched me all night via video feed told me that I had “wicked sleep apnea” and that it was “central sleep apnea…” Jay Hancock, Kaiser Health NewsOctober 3, 2022 Republished with
- RIOC Promotes Mary Cunneen, Staffer with a “History.”Mary Cunneen, then Director of Parks and Recreation at RIOC, got my attention in 2018 when I ran into two women crying on Main Street. Cunneen, they said, was trying to shut down the Southpoint
- Most Americans believe #MeToo has changed the climate around workplace sexual misconductOriginally published by The 19th Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Almost five years since the #MeToo went viral, new data from the Pew Research Center finds that most Americans believe that the
- When the Dog Ate Their Homework, RIOC’s Credibility Took A HitRIOC’s credibility took a hit on Saturday. No, the dog did not eat their homework, but it was damn close. Their “AVAC plant was struck by lightning,” they said. Show jaw drops here. The trouble
- At RIOC, a Return to In-Person Board Meetings and the LyingAlthough there was plenty of misdirection and evasion as RIOC staged its first in-person post-COVID board meeting, we’ll focus on the worst of the lying. It was a return to tradition for the Shelton J.