The Coler Auxiliary will not allow a lonely Mother’s Day confined in a rehab center. They will add warmth and love, one more sweet show of Roosevelt Islanders caring for each other.
by David Stone
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
Coler Auxiliary Readies for a Special Mother’s Day
Coler Auxiliary member Jacqueline Kwedy prepares gifts for the women residents at Coler in celebration of Women’s Day this weekend. The Coler Auxiliary supports non-hospital-related activities including Cinco de Mayo celebrations on Thursday.
Previously known as Bird S. Coler Hospital, NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler has served New Yorkers for more than 60 years at its Roosevelt Island location.
The facility was named after Bird Sim Coler, New York City’s first comptroller. Coler was a vocal opponent of corruption throughout his political career and wrote several books on local administration.
Today, Coler provides complete short-term rehabilitation and long-term trained nursing care at the same picturesque site.
Despite the many changes that have taken place over the years, Coler Hospital remains an important part of the Roosevelt Island community.
“The Auxiliary is always looking for volunteers,” says Judith Berdy, “to help us support the activities making life better for all at Coler.”
more from the roosevelt island daily news
- Haynes at it again. Someone please offer this man a new jobIt looks like a long campaign for a new job for Shelton Haynes. Why else would anyone push this nonsense? Quote from his latest promo: “Given a problematic task nearly 50 years ago, the Roosevelt
- Gap Show – RIVAA’s New Idea Surprises Next Week at the GalleryWhat is a gap show? We’re about to find out on Wednesday June 14th, when RIVAA‘s artists surprise visitors with a themed show. With ten days to run, they will fill the walls with inspiration
- RIOC Sucks Wind Now In Defamation Claims Against WhistleblowersWhistleblowers Erica Spencer-EL, Amy Smith and Jessica Cerone sued RIOC for unlawful termination in February. In an extraordinary move, the state agency fired back with defamation claims in a separate lawsuit. But last month, The
- It’s Official. Macy’s Fireworks Will Again Explode Over The East River in 2023Announced yesterday, Macy’s Fireworks will launch from barges anchored in the East River south of Roosevelt Island this year on July 4th. But viewing from Roosevelt Island will again be firmly restricted. by David Stone
- RIOC Needs Help Now. Badly. The Daily Is Here For ThemIt was clear that RIOC needs help when it sent an advisory last evening that no sane person could fully decipher. It included a map featuring bus riders scaling a wall, circling a building from