When the holidays come, our neighbors to the north have no better friends than the Coler Auxiliary, Roosevelt Islanders stepping up again, this year.
“The Coler Auxiliary funds annual gifts for all the residents,” says long time member Judith Berdy. “I am chair of the Auxiliary, and we have a group of dedicated volunteers.”
“We order health and beauty products for everyone, fanny packs, gloves, hats for men and totes for women.”
“The Auxiliary is a 501 (c) 3 that provides the needs that Coler cannot fund. We pay for entertainments, trips, special meals and holiday events.
“The last two years have been challenging with many restrictions and the residents being unable to leave the campus. The Auxiliary funds every resident and has served Coler since 1952.”
Like to get involved: The Coler Auxiliary needs more volunteers. Email Judy at email@example.com.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Tips for Owning a Small Construction CompanyRunning a construction business can be incredibly rewarding. Look at these tips for owning a small construction company for fantastic advice.
- Weed Retailers Rail Against ‘Financial Slavery’ in State Cannabis RolloutGabriel Poblete and Rosalind Adams, The City This article was originally published on Jun 7 4:18pm EDT by THE CITY State officials in charge of New York’s slow-to-start retail cannabis rollout met with license-holders Tuesday
- Mayor Eric Adams’ Sister-In-Law Landed $150,000 City Government GigYoav Gonen, The City This article was originally published on Jun 8 5:01am EDT by THE CITY The administration of Eric Adams appointed the mayor’s sister-in-law Sharon Adams to a job at the city Department
- How to Stay Safe as Hazardous Wildfire Smoke Engulfs New YorkSamantha Maldonado and Rachel Holliday Smith, The City This article was originally published on Jun 7 3:04pm EDT by THE CITY Smoke from wildfires in Canada brought another day of especially bad air quality in
- RIOC Sucks Wind Now In Defamation Claims Against WhistleblowersWhistleblowers Erica Spencer-EL, Amy Smith and Jessica Cerone sued RIOC for unlawful termination in February. In an extraordinary move, the state agency fired back with defamation claims in a separate lawsuit. But last month, The