On Wednesday, April 13th, Roosevelt Island poet Adela Sinclair reads from her new book La Revedere at the local branch of the New York Public Library, 504 Main Street, at 7:00 p.m.
More details and how to order La Revedere here.
Special note from Adela: “I have invited a special guest Domnica Radulescu to read from her memoir, Dream in a Suitcase.”
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- If It Scratches, Itch It. Is That Good Advice?We’ve all heard the saying, “if it itches, scratch it.” But is that really good advice? Maybe not. In this personally researched post, we take a look at the science (?) of scratching and come
- All aboard the Nostalgia Trains!It’s that time of year again! The holidays are just around the corner, and what better way to get into the spirit of things than by taking a ride on one of the MTA’s Holiday
- ELON MUSK MAY NOT BE SO BRILLIANT AFTER ALLAs Twitter implodes under Musk’s rule, a lawsuit argues Tesla is vastly overpaying the world’s richest man. By Sam Pizzigati | November 23, 2022/OtherWords.com Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News A good day’s work for
- MTA Warns of 5.5% Fare Hikes in Desperate Plea for More Government FundingFacing massive budget deficits, the MTA warned Wednesday of higher-than-projected fare increases that could push the cost of a subway or bus ride higher than $3 by 2025 — following another hike already planned for
- Heads Up: RIOC Switches Days for the RIDA Food PantryOn short notice, the ever-secretive state agency changed the days for the RIDA Food Pantry. No reason given, and it’s not even clear that RIDA knows about it as they did not send out a