The Roosevelt Island Daily extends best wishes to our friend Chris Lewis who departs as general manager of the café @ Cornell Tech. Chris took a troubled operation and made it A+.
by David Stone
A note from Chris…
Dear Community Members,
The Cornell Tech and Roosevelt Island communities have been like a second family to me, most especially during the pandemic. I’m proud to be a part of this vibrant and diverse community, and I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished and roots we’ve sown here. It’s bittersweet, but I wanted to share my decision to accept a new challenge, professionally. My last day with Constellation Culinary @ Cornell Tech will be this Friday, February 4th. This has been a tough decision that I ultimately feel is best for my family. I have cherished my time here on the CT campus, and I will always look back with great affection in being part of this special place. The weeks leading up to today have been bittersweet in looking to the future and revisiting incredible experiences over the last three and a half years.
One aspect of this transition that is positive is the promotion of our current Catering Director, Christian Camacho, to our General Manager role. Christian has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the world of food, beverage, and hospitality. I feel that the timing for this transition for Christian and the community could not be better. Please welcome Christian into his new role as he looks to grow the food service operation to support the Cornell Tech and Roosevelt Island communities.
Thank you for making my job special. I wish you all good health and good fortune!
Christopher J. Lewis
A New Face for the Café @ Cornell Tech
Christian already has a solid track record in the community, and we welcome his moving up into the vacated general manager position.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- If It Scratches, Itch It. Is That Good Advice?We’ve all heard the saying, “if it itches, scratch it.” But is that really good advice? Maybe not. In this personally researched post, we take a look at the science (?) of scratching and come
- All aboard the Nostalgia Trains!It’s that time of year again! The holidays are just around the corner, and what better way to get into the spirit of things than by taking a ride on one of the MTA’s Holiday
- ELON MUSK MAY NOT BE SO BRILLIANT AFTER ALLAs Twitter implodes under Musk’s rule, a lawsuit argues Tesla is vastly overpaying the world’s richest man. By Sam Pizzigati | November 23, 2022/OtherWords.com Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News A good day’s work for
- MTA Warns of 5.5% Fare Hikes in Desperate Plea for More Government FundingFacing massive budget deficits, the MTA warned Wednesday of higher-than-projected fare increases that could push the cost of a subway or bus ride higher than $3 by 2025 — following another hike already planned for
- Heads Up: RIOC Switches Days for the RIDA Food PantryOn short notice, the ever-secretive state agency changed the days for the RIDA Food Pantry. No reason given, and it’s not even clear that RIDA knows about it as they did not send out a