With the Roosevelt Island Senior Center shut down by the latest COVID surge, the Carter Burden Network (CBN) offers online services to assist the elderly and their caregivers. Two new programs are on tap for today.
Today at 10:00 A.M.
Today at 1:30 p.m.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- RIOC Board Meeting, May 2022: A New Exercise in Bunker ModeBunker mode fits as well with New York’s Open Meetings Law as a whale on a shrimp boat. They’re antithetical. One reveals things; the other hides them. But controlled by an irresponsible governor and a
- Sunset Park, Brooklyn: A Neighborhood, History and a FutureSunset Park in Brooklyn is a neighborhood located in the western part of the borough. It has a rich history that can be traced back to the 1800s. What makes Sunset Park unique is its
- Reduced Fare Taps Coming Soon for MTA Buses & SubwaysThe Metropolitan Transit Authority is preparing to bring reduced fare customers – seniors, disabled, etc. – into the OMNI system soon. You will be able to tap and go, just like everyone else – not
- Another One Bites the Dust: Markus Sztejnberg Exits RIOCMarkus Sztejnberg, the latest domino to fall in a row of RIOC executives, left recently after just a few months on staff. He “…is the latest RIOC executive to resign,” an informant tells The Daily.
- Special Master Carves Up New York’s Congressional and State Senate Seats With New MapsRachel Holliday Smith, The City This article was originally published on May 16 6:34pm EDT by THE CITY /Sign up here to get the latest stories from THE CITY delivered to you each morning. The Roosevelt Island Daily News