He had a regal look, no question, and he kinda looked like an historical figure… but this is 2022. Was he the King of Roosevelt Island or a visiting dignitary arriving by sleigh?
By David Stone
Leaving Rivercross, climbing the steps up to Good Shepherd Plaza, I heard the laughter. It was showery and cool, and most Roosevelt Islanders were still in or not far away from their beds. Echoing in the plaza, the sound was musical, and I soon found out why.
Behind every good dog…
…is a good companion delighted by his every antic.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Love Your Clothes Again: Eileen Fisher RenewDo you have a closet full of clothes you love but don’t wear anymore? Eileen Fisher Renew is here to help. We take your gently-worn Eileen Fisher clothes and give them new life. Not only
- Happy Shelton J. Haynes Cheapskate Holiday Now from RIOCWas a cheapskate holiday for Roosevelt Island exactly what RIOC President/CEO had in mind when RIOC’s contractor spread a much-reduced collection of decorations in early November? Downplaying local traditions is a hallmark of his administration.
- Governor Kathy Hochul Has A Message for Roosevelt Islanders: Get Lost!“Get lost!” The message from Albany shot loud and clear down the Hudson, landing on our little Island. Hochul vetoed a bill constructed by Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José Serrano, coordinating with Roosevelt
- We’ve Got the Money. Why Not End the Homeless Crisis Now?The homeless crisis is not only costly for individuals, but also for society as a whole. A study by the National Alliance to End Homelessness found that the cost of homelessness to taxpayers is approximately
- 5 Ways Weather Conditions Affect Your Physical HealthWeather conditions can have a significant impact on asthma and other respiratory problems. Cold weather, for example, can cause the airways to constrict, making it difficult to breathe. High humidity can also lead to increased