In all seasons, Roosevelt Island’s dynamic Wildlife Freedom Foundation (WFF) pitches in, providing shelter, healthcare and advocacy for our needy animals. Now, they’re sending their best wishes to the community that supports them.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily News
- Spring is here, and the Southpoint Rock Farm is… RockyThe Shelton J. Haynes/Langan Southpoint Rock Farm promised pathways with “lush vegetation.” Promise fulfilled? You decide. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The Southpoint Rock Farm Today The secret deal cut between the
- RIOC Reform: What the New Law Does – If Hochul Signs ItRIOC reform, sought by residents for many years, is on the cusp. All it takes is a signature by Governor Kathy Hochul to make a bill championed by Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José
- The Art of Paul Gauguin: A Painter’s Restless LifePaul Gauguin was a French Post-Impressionist artist who was born on the 7th of June in 1848 and died at the age of 54 on the 8th of May in 1903. by David Stone for
- How the hippie counterculture movement changed AmericaThe hippie counterculture movement of the 1960s was a response to the conservatism and materialism of the 1950s. The hippies sought to create a new society based on peace, love, and brotherhood. They believed that
- NY Community Trust Does the Impossible: PPF Grants Worse Than RIOCThe New York Community Trust (NYCT), allegedly brought in to straighten out RIOC‘s public purpose granting process, did what many thought impossible. They made things far worse. Some awards even appear vindictive, settling scores on