The calendar says it’s a week away, but it looked closer, much closer, in Four Freedoms Park. Visitors strolled through Southpoint to enter in a steady stream.
Photo: The entrance at FDR Four Freedoms State Park. And in the background, Southpoint and Cornell Tech.
- Severe Sleep Apnea Diagnosis Panics Reporter Until He Finds a Simple, No-Cost Solutionby davidstone1313The lab technician who watched me all night via video feed told me that I had “wicked sleep apnea” and that it was “central sleep apnea…” Jay Hancock, Kaiser Health NewsOctober 3, 2022 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News I woke up in a strange bedroom with 24 electrodes glued all over my
- RIOC Promotes Mary Cunneen, Staffer with a “History.”by davidstone1313Mary Cunneen, then Director of Parks and Recreation at RIOC, got my attention in 2018 when I ran into two women crying on Main Street. Cunneen, they said, was trying to shut down the Southpoint Park Cat Sanctuary. The story was true, but we still don’t know why she did it. by David Stone The
- Most Americans believe #MeToo has changed the climate around workplace sexual misconductby davidstone1313Originally published by The 19th Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Almost five years since the #MeToo went viral, new data from the Pew Research Center finds that most Americans believe that the movement has made it more likely that people would be held accountable for workplace sexual harassment and assault. It also
- When the Dog Ate Their Homework, RIOC’s Credibility Took A Hitby davidstone1313RIOC’s credibility took a hit on Saturday. No, the dog did not eat their homework, but it was damn close. Their “AVAC plant was struck by lightning,” they said. Show jaw drops here. The trouble was, nobody saw it, and not a single lightning strike was recorded within hundreds of miles. It was an all-new
- At RIOC, a Return to In-Person Board Meetings and the Lyingby davidstone1313Although there was plenty of misdirection and evasion as RIOC staged its first in-person post-COVID board meeting, we’ll focus on the worst of the lying. It was a return to tradition for the Shelton J. Haynes administration. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The lying started right out of the gate… or, on