Tropical Storm Henri swept into New England, too far east to stir strong winds on Roosevelt Island. But the rain… We got drenched for about 48 straight hours, but in the end, a symbol of hope arched across the horizon.
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
On Sunday, I had an errand to run in Astoria and was happy that the ferries were running normally. Well, not quite normally.
Downpours kept most people home, leaving me with services from three hearty NYC Ferry employees, plus the pilot.
It was fairly dreary, but after the rains ended, promise signaled from across the East River.
More News from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- The Tug-of-War for New York City’s Streets: Iconic Avenues with Unbelievable HistoriesHey there, fellow street wanderers! Ever wondered how the bustling, iconic avenues of New York City came to be? We’re about to take a fast ride through the histories of NYC’s most famous streets. From fun facts to intriguing stories, you’ll never see the Big Apple the same way again. So, ready to dive in
- Tips for Owning a Small Construction CompanyRunning a construction business can be incredibly rewarding. Look at these tips for owning a small construction company for fantastic advice.
- Weed Retailers Rail Against ‘Financial Slavery’ in State Cannabis RolloutGabriel Poblete and Rosalind Adams, The City This article was originally published on Jun 7 4:18pm EDT by THE CITY State officials in charge of New York’s slow-to-start retail cannabis rollout met with license-holders Tuesday in an attempt to address frustrations about the pace and cost of opening start-up businesses under the state’s complex system.
- Mayor Eric Adams’ Sister-In-Law Landed $150,000 City Government GigYoav Gonen, The City This article was originally published on Jun 8 5:01am EDT by THE CITY The administration of Eric Adams appointed the mayor’s sister-in-law Sharon Adams to a job at the city Department of Education in March, public records show — with a $150,000-a-year salary, more than double her prior pay as a
- How to Stay Safe as Hazardous Wildfire Smoke Engulfs New YorkSamantha Maldonado and Rachel Holliday Smith, The City This article was originally published on Jun 7 3:04pm EDT by THE CITY Smoke from wildfires in Canada brought another day of especially bad air quality in New York City on Wednesday, canceling after school activities for school kids, muddling the skyline and smelling up the streets.