Stabilized, then abandoned by RIOC, the Smallpox Hospital on Roosevelt Island’s vines lend it the dark hues of autumn.
By David Stone
This main building, covered in tangles of vines, designed by James Renwick, Jr., takes on a life of its own. Its granite veneer dominated by dark hues of autumn.
BABY, IT’S YOU, a new novel by David Stone
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Shuffling Schedules, RIOC Creates a Greater Gap with the CommunityA greater gap between RIOC and Roosevelt Islanders is not what elected officials expected when they grilled board chair RuthAnne
- Now Is Your Chance for a Great Deal on Art, Thanks to Gallery RIVAAStarting Thursday, December 7th, you can take home some great art from our local artists at Gallery RIVAA, 527 Main
- Can we talk… with RIOC? CB8 invites Roosevelt Island engagementCommunity Board 8 (CB8) Roosevelt Island committee chair, Paul Krikler, opens a window next week where the community can connect.
- New York City Health & Hospital’s Community Mural Project Graces Coler“Healing in Community,” a part of NYC Health & Hospitals’s mural project, went live on December 1st at Roosevelt Islands’s
- The “Eviction Machine” Now Slams Into Roosevelt IslandAs a community, we always thought we were immune from these things, but the “eviction machine” described in a New
- Who Just Made the Big Fat Silence You Didn’t Hear?It was RIOC, and that big fat silence billowed out in every direction as it had for months. Starting with