Stabilized, then abandoned by RIOC, the Smallpox Hospital on Roosevelt Island’s vines lend it the dark hues of autumn.
By David Stone
This main building, covered in tangles of vines, designed by James Renwick, Jr., takes on a life of its own. Its granite veneer dominated by dark hues of autumn.
BABY, IT’S YOU, a new novel by David Stone
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Love Your Clothes Again: Eileen Fisher RenewDo you have a closet full of clothes you love but don’t wear anymore? Eileen Fisher Renew is here to
- Happy Shelton J. Haynes Cheapskate Holiday Now from RIOCWas a cheapskate holiday for Roosevelt Island exactly what RIOC President/CEO had in mind when RIOC’s contractor spread a much-reduced
- Governor Kathy Hochul Has A Message for Roosevelt Islanders: Get Lost!“Get lost!” The message from Albany shot loud and clear down the Hudson, landing on our little Island. Hochul vetoed
- We’ve Got the Money. Why Not End the Homeless Crisis Now?The homeless crisis is not only costly for individuals, but also for society as a whole. A study by the
- 5 Ways Weather Conditions Affect Your Physical HealthWeather conditions can have a significant impact on asthma and other respiratory problems. Cold weather, for example, can cause the
- Half of Roosevelt Island’s Historic AVAC System Is Now Shut DownCobbled together in a rush, a RIOC Advisory said yesterday that the state had ” shut down for emergency work” the