Stabilized, then abandoned by RIOC, the Smallpox Hospital on Roosevelt Island’s vines lend it the dark hues of autumn.
By David Stone
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
This main building, covered in tangles of vines, designed by James Renwick, Jr., takes on a life of its own. Its granite veneer dominated by dark hues of autumn.
BABY, IT’S YOU, a new novel by David Stone
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Factors That Affect Commercial Solar Panels’ EfficiencyWant to know how to ensure optimal commercial solar panel efficiency? Explore the various factors that influence performance, from weather to cleanliness.
- Get Your Girl Scout Cookies NowLeire and Itziar are selling Girl Scout Cookies, offering FREE Shipping from March 20 -27. 5-package minimum and 12-package maximum
- The US Remains a Grim Leader in Preterm Births. Why? And Can We Fix It?Tamara Etienne’s second pregnancy was freighted with risk and worry from its earliest days — exacerbated by a first pregnancy
- Common Woodworking Problems and SolutionsProfessionals and hobbyists understand the woes of woodworking. Fortunately, a few woodworking problems have smart solutions you should know.
- Immobilized Astor Place Cube Slated to Spin Again by SummerThe iconic Astor Place Cube, which has been immobilized for nearly a year because of structural damage, would be restored
- Adams faces campaign finance violations(The Center Square) — New York City Mayor Eric Adams is facing tens of thousands of dollars in fines for alleged