Stabilized, then abandoned by RIOC, the Smallpox Hospital on Roosevelt Island’s vines lend it the dark hues of autumn.
By David Stone
This main building, covered in tangles of vines, designed by James Renwick, Jr., takes on a life of its own. Its granite veneer dominated by dark hues of autumn.
BABY, IT’S YOU, a new novel by David Stone
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- RIOC Board Meeting, May 2022: A New Exercise in Bunker ModeBunker mode fits as well with New York’s Open Meetings Law as a whale on a shrimp boat. They’re antithetical.
- Sunset Park, Brooklyn: A Neighborhood, History and a FutureSunset Park in Brooklyn is a neighborhood located in the western part of the borough. It has a rich history
- Reduced Fare Taps Coming Soon for MTA Buses & SubwaysThe Metropolitan Transit Authority is preparing to bring reduced fare customers – seniors, disabled, etc. – into the OMNI system
- Another One Bites the Dust: Markus Sztejnberg Exits RIOCMarkus Sztejnberg, the latest domino to fall in a row of RIOC executives, left recently after just a few months
- Special Master Carves Up New York’s Congressional and State Senate Seats With New MapsRachel Holliday Smith, The City This article was originally published on May 16 6:34pm EDT by THE CITY /Sign up here to
- Losing Maloney, Maybe. Serrano for Sure. Final RedistrictingFinal redistricting by a Special Master appointed by a Steuben County judge guts the voting map approved by Democrats. The