The Girl Puzzle, a complex, expressive installation by sculptor Amanda Matthews is done, awaiting its ribbon-cutting. But as you can see from the photo, its life partner, the Roosevelt Island Lighthouse, remains headless. The big event, according to RIOC, must wait until December.
See the floor plans for Westview here.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Sources tell The Daily that redistricting will cost us Serrano but Maloney and Seawright stay for nowThe 2020 Census demands redistricting responsive to the current population. This brings a once every decade shift in district boundaries
- Near blizzard conditions possible as coastal storm zeros in on New York CityThe coastal storm we reported on yesterday has grown more clearly defined. The National Weather Service upgraded the “Watch” to
- Dave Kapell Finally Leaves RIOC Board, Four Months After Our RequestWhen we learned, in early October, that board members Dave Kapell and Jeffrey Escobar no longer lived on Roosevelt Island,
- Albany Democrats Seize Control of Redistricting, With Unclear Role for PublicClifford Michel and Farah Javed, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Jan 26 at 9:59pm ESTby THE CITY/Sign up here to
- Watch on for up to a foot of snow, starting tomorrow across New York CityUp to a foot of snow is forecast for Roosevelt Island and the rest of New York City. An official
- Opening Friday, MSTDA’s lively new teen show polishes its finishing touchesThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time opens on Friday. (Tickets here.) As these picture at live rehearsal