The Girl Puzzle, a complex, expressive installation by sculptor Amanda Matthews is done, awaiting its ribbon-cutting. But as you can see from the photo, its life partner, the Roosevelt Island Lighthouse, remains headless. The big event, according to RIOC, must wait until December.
See the floor plans for Westview here.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Happy Holiday Gifts for Cat Lovers and FriendsBest Choice Gifts for Cat Lovers Gifts for cat lovers from handmade artist Deborah Julian bring you a wide choice
- The View, Roosevelt Island’s Secret Front Yard in AutumnRoosevelt Island’s secret front yard wasn’t built for hiding, but history made it that way. As a result, it’s easy
- “Miracle on Main Street,” RIVAA Holiday Group Show Opens SaturdayIn a holiday tradition, on Saturday, December 4th, the Roosevelt Island Visual Art Association, opens Miracle on Main Street. Everyone
- Fulfilling a community’s worst fears, the Southpoint “renovation” is now completeIs the now finished Southpoint “renovation” an example of tasteless bureaucrats run amuck or something worse? Redeeming virtues are few,
- Good news now: The reindeer herd at the Tram Plaza has not been culled…As we reported earlier, RIOC’s holiday decorating team planned on culling the reindeer herd in the Tram Plaza, from five
- For Roosevelt Island, This Season’s First SnowIt wasn’t much, and if you blinked, you might miss it. But this morning brought the first snow, the first