Going back, a week later, I found that Trader Joe’s papered over the window where I got an inside look and shared it with readers. But, now, there was an even better sign of an opening coming soon.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- When You Think About Your Health, Don’t Forget Your EyesBernard J. WolfsonSeptember 22, 2023 I vividly remember that late Friday afternoon when my eye pressure spiked and I staggered on foot to my ophthalmologist’s office as the rapidly thickening fog in my field of vision shrouded passing cars and traffic lights. The office was already closed, but the whole eye care team was there … Read more
- Americans now want gun restrictions for those convicted of domestic violenceOriginally published by The 19th Your trusted source for contextualizing America’s core issues. Sign up for our daily newsletter. Want to support this work? Donate today. Michele Bell wishes more politicians knew what she saw in her 50 years working as a nurse at a Houston hospital, where she cared for countless women who had … Read more
- A Fabulous New Haynes Lawsuit Gets Crain’s Attention AgainFiled last week, the new Shelton Haynes lawsuit required an article here, but that’s where it should have ended. But Crain’s New York got wind of it and couldn’t resist. Missing much of the substance and misconstruing more, their report embarrasses Roosevelt Island and repeats unsubstantiated claims by Haynes. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island … Read more
- How to Get the New COVID-19 Vaccine in New York CityThe newest shot is not a booster, and it’s available at pharmacies at no cost. Here’s how to make your appointment for a jab. Rachel Holliday Smith, The City This article was originally published on Sep 21 5:00am EDT by THE CITY ‘Tis the season for a new COVID vaccine. If it’s been more than … Read more
- Building a Better World for People With PMDDAugust 31, 2023 by Ciara McLaren For one week of every month, I have a very bad time. My back aches so badly I struggle to stand up straight. My mood swings from frantic to bleak. My concentration flags; it’s difficult to send an email. Then, my period starts, and the curse is lifted. I … Read more