Today, the much anticipated rooftop bar and lounge opens. The Panorama Room, with great views and airy ambience, finishes off Roosevelt Island‘s first hotel.
Here’s a deep dive from their press release…
About Panorama Room
Hospitality duo and New York City natives Marc Rose and Med Abrous of Call Mom are thrilled to announce the opening of the stunning rooftop bar and lounge, Panorama Room, atop the recently opened Graduate Roosevelt Island offering unparalleled views of all five boroughs.
Rose and Abrous partnered with James Beard Award-winning design firm Parts and Labor Design on Panorama Room’s extraordinary 168-seat rooftop bar and lounge.
The elegant, jewel box space evokes a sense of cinematic drama inspired by futurism which can be seen through the large-scale, monolithic chandelier with translucent tubular acrylic set above the Orobico Red marble bar top, palatial black mosaic tile columns adorned with geometric chrome sconces, vintage-inspired blush velvet tubular lounge sofas, and touches of chrome and marble.
Parts and Labor Design custom-made all of the furniture and lighting in the space to bring to life the imaginative aesthetic of futuristic design defined through the lens of decades past.
Additionally, the space features a custom-designed DJ booth by Cédric Hervet, long time creative director for Daft Punk, and Nicolas Hervet of Hervet Manufacturier which was handmade at their atelier in Normandy.
Creative Whimsey for an All-New Experience
Rose and Abrous tapped Venus Over Manhattan partner Anna Furney and designer/creative director Darren Romanelli (aka Dr. Romanelli or DRx) to hand-select an exciting collection of art from au courant artists including Julia Chiang, Spencer Lewis, Alake Shilling, JPW3, Chris Martin, Brian Belott and Ida Eklbad to adorn the walls of the Panorama Room.
They are also working artist and creative director Sophie Parker and her botanical studio Wife NYC to feature her plant-based sculptural artwork and custom arrangements.
Positioned at the entrance of the Cornell Tech campus, Graduate Roosevelt Island is a 224-key, 18-story hotel at the Cornell Tech campus on New York City’s Roosevelt Island is architecturally designed by internationally renowned design firm, Snøhetta, and New York City-based hospitality-focused architecture firm, Stonehill Taylor, with interior design from Graduate Hotels’ in-house team.
Open Thursday through Sunday: 5pm-midnight on Thursday, 5pm-2am on Friday, 3pm-2am on Saturday, and 3pm-midnight on Sunday.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- New York City Mayor Adams’ favorability takes nosedive amid migrants, budget crisis(The Center Square) — New York City Mayor Eric Adams’ favorability has plummeted amid a migrant crisis, budget cuts and a federal investigation, according to a new poll. That’s according to a new Quinnipiac University poll, which shows the Democrats’ job performance approval rating has hit a historic low of 28% as he wraps up his
- The Importance of HomeFor generations, poor people have relied on each other to keep a roof over their heads. But in the world’s wealthiest country, we need more. By Kazmyn Ramos | December 6, 2023 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Too many of us have to depend on sheer good luck to make it — especially when
- What Is Chanukah – The Festival of Lights?Chanukah’s first day was Thursday. If, like me, you’re not Jewish, you may wonder about this joyful holiday. This year, we thought that a simple explanation made sense. Note: According to the Roosevelt Islander, “the Chabad of Roosevelt Island invites you to the Annual Family Public Menorah Lighting for the 3rd Chanukah Light on December 9 at
- Shuffling Schedules, RIOC Creates a Greater Gap with the CommunityA greater gap between RIOC and Roosevelt Islanders is not what elected officials expected when they grilled board chair RuthAnne Visnauskas earlier this year. Visnauskas assured Senator Liz Krueger and Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright that she’d increase community engagement. But the opposite happened and, as of this week, has accelerated. by David Stone The Roosevelt
- Now Is Your Chance for a Great Deal on Art, Thanks to Gallery RIVAAStarting Thursday, December 7th, you can take home some great art from our local artists at Gallery RIVAA, 527 Main Street. Affordable Art lasts just four days but brings a chance to win art as well as loosen up your purse strings for it. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Affordable Art is, for art lovers,