Today, the much anticipated rooftop bar and lounge opens. The Panorama Room, with great views and airy ambience, finishes off Roosevelt Island‘s first hotel.
Here’s a deep dive from their press release…
About Panorama Room
Hospitality duo and New York City natives Marc Rose and Med Abrous of Call Mom are thrilled to announce the opening of the stunning rooftop bar and lounge, Panorama Room, atop the recently opened Graduate Roosevelt Island offering unparalleled views of all five boroughs.
Rose and Abrous partnered with James Beard Award-winning design firm Parts and Labor Design on Panorama Room’s extraordinary 168-seat rooftop bar and lounge.
The elegant, jewel box space evokes a sense of cinematic drama inspired by futurism which can be seen through the large-scale, monolithic chandelier with translucent tubular acrylic set above the Orobico Red marble bar top, palatial black mosaic tile columns adorned with geometric chrome sconces, vintage-inspired blush velvet tubular lounge sofas, and touches of chrome and marble.
Parts and Labor Design custom-made all of the furniture and lighting in the space to bring to life the imaginative aesthetic of futuristic design defined through the lens of decades past.
Additionally, the space features a custom-designed DJ booth by Cédric Hervet, long time creative director for Daft Punk, and Nicolas Hervet of Hervet Manufacturier which was handmade at their atelier in Normandy.
Creative Whimsey for an All-New Experience
Rose and Abrous tapped Venus Over Manhattan partner Anna Furney and designer/creative director Darren Romanelli (aka Dr. Romanelli or DRx) to hand-select an exciting collection of art from au courant artists including Julia Chiang, Spencer Lewis, Alake Shilling, JPW3, Chris Martin, Brian Belott and Ida Eklbad to adorn the walls of the Panorama Room.
They are also working artist and creative director Sophie Parker and her botanical studio Wife NYC to feature her plant-based sculptural artwork and custom arrangements.
Positioned at the entrance of the Cornell Tech campus, Graduate Roosevelt Island is a 224-key, 18-story hotel at the Cornell Tech campus on New York City’s Roosevelt Island is architecturally designed by internationally renowned design firm, Snøhetta, and New York City-based hospitality-focused architecture firm, Stonehill Taylor, with interior design from Graduate Hotels’ in-house team.
Open Thursday through Sunday: 5pm-midnight on Thursday, 5pm-2am on Friday, 3pm-2am on Saturday, and 3pm-midnight on Sunday.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Behind Closed Doors at RIOC, the Strange Promotion of Tajuna SharpeSources tell us that RIOC human resources director Tajuna Sharpe was quietly made Assistant Vice President. No formal announcement followed, but questions rose because of her critical role in the firing of Susan Rosenthal. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Tajuna Sharpe and Her Role in the Controversial Firing of Susan Rosenthal “Tajuna
- The George Braithwaite Table Tennis Court unveiling at Capobianco FieldThe Roosevelt Island Daily News The George Braithwaite Table Tennis Court will be unveiled at Capobianco Field, Roosevelt Island, during the late sportsman’s Ping Pong Diplomacy Commemoration on Saturday, Oct. 23, reports Caribbean Life News. Braithwaite, who died last October, was born in Guyana but spent most of his life on Roosevelt Island. Read his
- Yachts Cruise Under the Roosevelt Island Bridge. Everyone Else WaitsEmergency vehicles, cars, bike and pedestrians wait while yachts cruise freely under the Roosevelt Island Bridge during UN Week. Didn’t anyone think about the risks? By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News It’s UN Week, and some disruptions are necessary for security. The Roosevelt Island Bridge draws up, allowing taller vessels to pass. But
- MTA on ‘Mask Blitz’ Following Reports of Low ComplianceJose Martinez, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Sep 22 at 5:27pm EDTby THE CITY/Sign up here to get the latest stories from THE CITY delivered to you each morning. Police officers and transit workers distributed a record 26,000 masks in the transit system in the first three weeks of this month — topping the total for the
- Across the East River from Roosevelt Island, new clean energyA report in the New York Post says the state awarded a contract for the Clean Path Project. A 174 mile line will carry clean energy from Delaware County into New York City. Roosevelt Island Daily News The final destination is Con Ed’s Rainey Substation, just north of the Roosevelt Island Bridge. But you wouldn’t