Tuesday, June 23rd’s the day. The much anticipated all-day restaurant, Anything At All, brings Roosevelt Island an exciting new dining experience. It’s on the first floor of the Graduate Hotel on the Cornell Tech Campus.
By David Stone
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Bar Bites: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Dinner: 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Bar Service: 10:00 p.m. – Midnight
Order To-Go via: DeliverZero + ChowNow
Opening Lunch Menu Highlights
● Coastal Toast with Smoked trout, Crisp Sourdough, Fried Capers, and Red Onions
● Fried Chicken Sandwich with cabbage slaw and spicy mayo
● Crispy Mushroom Sandwich with carrots, radishes and zesty aioli
Opening Dinner Menu Highlights
● Kampachi Crudo with fresnos, shallots, lemon, caviar, and cilantro
● Creamy Gnocchi with shrimp, asparagus, and pecorino
● The Roasted Cabbage, charred summer cabbage with herbed yogurt and crunchy chickpeas
Opening Cocktail Menu Highlights
● V&T- with House-made white vermouth, sour orange, tonic, Castelveltrano olive
● Paloma Milk Punch- with Volcan tequila, grapefruit, lime, verbena
● Rhubarb Spritz- with gin, clarified rhubarb, and strawberry-infused vermouth
Anything At All: Contemporary Comfort Food
The following information is provided by the restaurant’s representatives…
“The all-day restaurant is rooted in a farm-first, vegetable-forward approach to contemporary comfort food where guests can expect a playful, eclectic menu from Chef Harper with dishes like Coastal Toast with smoked trout, red onion, olive oil, toasted sourdough; Kampachi Crudo with fresnos, shallots, lemon, caviar, and cilantro; and The Roasted Cabbage, charred summer cabbage with herbed yogurt and crunchy chickpeas.
“At lunch don’t sleep on the killer Fried Chicken Sandwich with cabbage slaw and spicy mayo or the Crispy Mushroom Sandwich with carrots, radishes and zesty aioli, and come back at dinner for the Seared Sea Bass with sea beans, heirloom cherry tomato and a puffed rice chip. Not to be missed is Chef Verardo’s elevated dessert program with dishes like the Vanilla Poached Meringue with black sesame, shiso and strawberry consomme.”
Leading the charge…
From hospitality duo and NYC natives Marc Rose and Med Abrous of Call Mom, Anything At All is helmed by an incredible all-female food & beverage team: MINA Group alumna Ja’Toria Harper as Executive Chef, Lindsey Verardo – formerly of Benno and Gramercy Tavern – as Executive Pastry Chef, and Estelle Bossy, whose impressive resume includes Union Square Hospitality Group and Del Posto, as Beverage Director.
The team is also behind the stunning forthcoming rooftop bar Panorama Room and over 3,000 square feet of meeting and event space at the hotel, which is the first-ever hotel on Roosevelt Island.
A dynamic, sustainable synergy exists between the kitchen and the bar which is reflected in the cocktail menu from Bossy where house-made and infused vermouths, seasonal spritzes and creative frozen drinks and will take center stage in the summer months with drinks like the V&T with house-made white vermouth, sour orange, tonic, and Castelveltrano olive; Rhubarb Spritz with gin, clarified rhubarb, strawberry-infused vermouth, rosé and pink peppercorn; and, Kool Thing with mezcal, pineapple brandy, lemon, white bitters and cacao.
Additionally, Rose and Abrous have partnered with Brooklyn’s Variety Coffee which will be served at the restaurant and throughout the hotel as well as from a solar and battery-powered Poindexter Coffee Bike Cart parked out front of the hotel offering coffee and a curated selection of morning and afternoon grab-and-go items.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Roosevelt Island Is Nearly Devoured in MTA Subway Map RemakeA new Subway Map slowly being introduced by the MTA has Manhattan blowing up like a hippo in a birdcage while Roosevelt Island shrinks to near oblivion. First reported in Gizmodo… The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- A Child Hit In Crosswalk Is Third In Two MonthsThe child hit in a crosswalk, yesterday, was the third on Roosevelt Island in two months. Multiple reports say RIOC’s Public Safety Department refused a request for protection during a Halloween party, claiming they were “understaffed.” By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Child Hit After PSD Refuses A Request for Help Monster Bash,
- Still Sleeping in the Roosevelt Island Subway. Is there no solution?Last month, we posted about the high volume of people finding a place to sleep in the Roosevelt Island subway station. Mid-morning today, there were a pair so out of it, they managed sleeping soundly on those god awful, ribbed benches in the subway. The Roosevelt Island Daily News How is it we can spend
- Proof that nagging – plus two accidents – gets RIOC off its pegRIOC’s been nagged for months about returning mini stop signs in crosswalks. They lower the risks to which pedestrians are regularly exposed. But nothing happened until two people were hit by cars. Better late than never, although it’s shameful it took so much to get some action. The Roosevelt Island Daily News More from the
- After Ten Years, Hudson-Related’s Shops On Main Finds Its GrooveShops on Main launched in 2011 with a boom that bombed. Hudson president David Kramer promised “shock and awe.” It’s too late now for either, but what we have is a big post-pandemic bump into a functioning Main Street Corridor. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Shops On Main, October 2021 In past