Tuesday, June 23rd’s the day. The much anticipated all-day restaurant, Anything At All, brings Roosevelt Island an exciting new dining experience. It’s on the first floor of the Graduate Hotel on the Cornell Tech Campus.
By David Stone
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Bar Bites: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Dinner: 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Bar Service: 10:00 p.m. – Midnight
Order To-Go via: DeliverZero + ChowNow
Opening Lunch Menu Highlights
● Coastal Toast with Smoked trout, Crisp Sourdough, Fried Capers, and Red Onions
● Fried Chicken Sandwich with cabbage slaw and spicy mayo
● Crispy Mushroom Sandwich with carrots, radishes and zesty aioli
Opening Dinner Menu Highlights
● Kampachi Crudo with fresnos, shallots, lemon, caviar, and cilantro
● Creamy Gnocchi with shrimp, asparagus, and pecorino
● The Roasted Cabbage, charred summer cabbage with herbed yogurt and crunchy chickpeas
Opening Cocktail Menu Highlights
● V&T- with House-made white vermouth, sour orange, tonic, Castelveltrano olive
● Paloma Milk Punch- with Volcan tequila, grapefruit, lime, verbena
● Rhubarb Spritz- with gin, clarified rhubarb, and strawberry-infused vermouth
Anything At All: Contemporary Comfort Food
The following information is provided by the restaurant’s representatives…
“The all-day restaurant is rooted in a farm-first, vegetable-forward approach to contemporary comfort food where guests can expect a playful, eclectic menu from Chef Harper with dishes like Coastal Toast with smoked trout, red onion, olive oil, toasted sourdough; Kampachi Crudo with fresnos, shallots, lemon, caviar, and cilantro; and The Roasted Cabbage, charred summer cabbage with herbed yogurt and crunchy chickpeas.
“At lunch don’t sleep on the killer Fried Chicken Sandwich with cabbage slaw and spicy mayo or the Crispy Mushroom Sandwich with carrots, radishes and zesty aioli, and come back at dinner for the Seared Sea Bass with sea beans, heirloom cherry tomato and a puffed rice chip. Not to be missed is Chef Verardo’s elevated dessert program with dishes like the Vanilla Poached Meringue with black sesame, shiso and strawberry consomme.”
Leading the charge…
From hospitality duo and NYC natives Marc Rose and Med Abrous of Call Mom, Anything At All is helmed by an incredible all-female food & beverage team: MINA Group alumna Ja’Toria Harper as Executive Chef, Lindsey Verardo – formerly of Benno and Gramercy Tavern – as Executive Pastry Chef, and Estelle Bossy, whose impressive resume includes Union Square Hospitality Group and Del Posto, as Beverage Director.
The team is also behind the stunning forthcoming rooftop bar Panorama Room and over 3,000 square feet of meeting and event space at the hotel, which is the first-ever hotel on Roosevelt Island.
A dynamic, sustainable synergy exists between the kitchen and the bar which is reflected in the cocktail menu from Bossy where house-made and infused vermouths, seasonal spritzes and creative frozen drinks and will take center stage in the summer months with drinks like the V&T with house-made white vermouth, sour orange, tonic, and Castelveltrano olive; Rhubarb Spritz with gin, clarified rhubarb, strawberry-infused vermouth, rosé and pink peppercorn; and, Kool Thing with mezcal, pineapple brandy, lemon, white bitters and cacao.
Additionally, Rose and Abrous have partnered with Brooklyn’s Variety Coffee which will be served at the restaurant and throughout the hotel as well as from a solar and battery-powered Poindexter Coffee Bike Cart parked out front of the hotel offering coffee and a curated selection of morning and afternoon grab-and-go items.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Queens Bus Redesign Now Pushed Back Until 2023Activated to address profound shortcomings a century in the making, the Queens Bus Redesign needs even more time. A complex plan became even more so after fielding input from 40 community meetings and a mountain of online comments. Roosevelt Island will have to wait for a controversial change – or not. by David Stone The
- If It Scratches, Itch It. Is That Good Advice?We’ve all heard the saying, “if it itches, scratch it.” But is that really good advice? Maybe not. In this personally researched post, we take a look at the science (?) of scratching and come to some interesting conclusions. By David Stone On the Science (?) of Scratching Have you ever wondered why an itch
- All aboard the Nostalgia Trains!It’s that time of year again! The holidays are just around the corner, and what better way to get into the spirit of things than by taking a ride on one of the MTA’s Holiday Nostalgia Trains? These special trains, which run on select dates in November and December, are decked out in all their
- ELON MUSK MAY NOT BE SO BRILLIANT AFTER ALLAs Twitter implodes under Musk’s rule, a lawsuit argues Tesla is vastly overpaying the world’s richest man. By Sam Pizzigati | November 23, 2022/OtherWords.com Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News A good day’s work for a good day’s pay. Should this age-old wisdom apply to overpaid CEOs as well as their workers? A Delaware court
- MTA Warns of 5.5% Fare Hikes in Desperate Plea for More Government FundingFacing massive budget deficits, the MTA warned Wednesday of higher-than-projected fare increases that could push the cost of a subway or bus ride higher than $3 by 2025 — following another hike already planned for next year. At the agency’s monthly board meeting, officials painted a dire picture of the MTA’s financial forecast, saying that