RIOC upped the honors for its putative leader. Sprucing up the New York State Shelton J. Haynes Parking area, a fresh, brightly colored array of flowers fills a planter next to his huge gas guzzler. It should not be left alone with just empty spaces and a sign everyone ignores for company.
Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily…
- RIOC overreacts. Promenade restrictions now increase conflictsReactions were instantaneous when RIOC, the state agency that never makes a mistake, banned all “motorized vehicles” from both Roosevelt Island promenades. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Without Thought or Discussion, RIOC Banned Motorized Vehicles from East and West Promenades The news thrilled some. E-bikes, e-scooters and the like changed strolling or
- RIOC’s Board Meeting Moved to October 28thAfter failing again at meeting public open meeting law requirements, RIOC, without explanation, stalled its October board meeting to the last Thursday of the month. Roosevelt Island Daily News About RIOC’s October 28th Board Meeting Please take notice that a Board of Directors meeting will be held on Thursday, October 28th, 2021 at 5:30 PM.
- Senator José Serrano’s disingenuous claims don’t cut it as RIOC board conflict deepensAs Jeffrey Escobar did the right thing as a nonresident, resigning from RIOC’s board of directors, State Senator José Serrano openly mislead the community about his role. The Roosevelt Islander blog reported his comments from a September 30th meeting. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News State Senator José Serrano on His Role in
- The Ugly AVAC Breakdown Now Extends Trash Heaps Through Roosevelt LandingsThe crisis caused by a nearly six month AVAC breakdown grew, this week,as the trash collection mess extended into Roosevelt Landings. Roosevelt Landings is the community’s largest resident complex. Photos of smelly trash bags, stacked at curbs, Manhattan-style, underscores RIOC incompetence as well as indifference. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News The AVAC
- You’re Invited: Public Opening Reception for Connie Tanner’s “The Roosevelts” at the Octagon GalleryOpening Reception: Thursday, October 21 from 5-8 pm 2021 Venue: Octagon Gallery – 888 Main St. Roosevelt Island, NY 10044 Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts