On a sunny spring morning on Roosevelt Island, you look across the East River with one immediate thought… Hey, Manhattan, don’t you just wish you were here? From your pretty little sister, Roosevelt Island.
- Introspective Retrospection Opens, Closing Out Roosevelt Island Day at Gallery RIVAAAs the return of Roosevelt Island Day drew to an end, Georgette Sinclair’s Introspective Retrospection opened in Gallery RIVAA, looking to the future. Here are a few scenes. The artist took a break from mask-wearing, posing for photographs. Photo courtesy of Tad Sudol and Gallery RIVAA. Photo courtesy of Tad Sudol and Gallery RIVAA. Also
- Listen up, New Yorkers! Ranked Choice Early Voting Starts June 12thMatt Richards has something serious to say about ranked choice early voting. And he’s got a captive audience. We thank reader Sylvan Klein for the heads up. Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily davidstone1313 See author's posts
- Pandemic Meets Thoughtful Artist. The Results Are Absorbing and BeautifulAbsorbing and beautiful best describes the recent artistry of Georgette Sinclair. “In every piece of art that I created I put a piece of my soul,” she says, and it shows. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News In her own words… During the darkness and harshness of pandemic isolation I reflected what is
- A haunting distant echo for Roosevelt Island in a Met SpectacularA haunting, distant echo stopped me cold while I walked through the the Met’s big post pandemic show. Alice Neel’s art fills a full wing, and it’s in many ways, a story of her life. It twice touches Roosevelt Island. By David Stone Roosevelt Island Daily News As we posted earlier, a friend sent us
- Lightning Strike Hits the World Trade CenterThe Roosevelt Island Daily thanks Sylvan Klein for the tip. Also from the Roosevelt Island Daily News davidstone1313 See author's posts