Another all new WTF moment plopped down on Roosevelt Island, late Friday. RIOC’s again the carrier, although apparently out of the loop.
By David Stone
“On Monday, May 17th, Sony Pictures Television will be filming portions of The Blacklist, from approximately 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM in various locations throughout Roosevelt Island,” RIOC said in an “alert.”
But this left residents with even less time to prepare.
“On Sunday, May 16th, production will be clearing and holding parking in advance of the shoot for equipment trucks and production vehicles in the following areas:
- In front of and across the street from Foodtown between 10 River Road and 40 River Road
- The west side of Main Street between 405 and 475, as filming will be taking place in and around Riverwalk Commons, Granny Annies, Duane Reade, and Piccolo Trattoria”
Accompanying this all new WTF moment was a letter from Woodridge Productions. Woodridge seems responsible for location shooting for The Blacklist.
The letter sports an indefinite day in May and is unsigned.
Introducing Roosevelt Island’s all new WTF moment…
Woodridge says they have the “full cooperation” of the Mayor’s Office of Film, Theatre, and Broadcasting.
They do not mention RIOC, suggesting the state was out of the loop or simply out to lunch during development.
Also not noted: Who authorized taking over such big chunks of Main Street parking? And why so little notice?
Certainly, the production crew knew about this long ago, and the slightest consideration could have lessened the intensity of this all new WTF moment for our community.
More late news from the Roosevelt Island Daily…
- It’s Constitution Week. Lynne Shinozaki and NYPL Welcome You to Learning More“We met at the Roosevelt Island Library last Friday to promote awareness of Constitution Week,” Shinozaki says. “It’s a National Celebration to bring renewed awareness to the awesome document that our Country is based on.” The Roosevelt Island Daily News “Please stop by our Roosevelt Island Public Library, 504 Main Street, and learn more about
- The Roosevelt Island Elevator Storehouse? A Piece of the Past ReturnsAn Elevator Storehouse once sat alongside the Queensboro Bridge. Much more than a place for storage, it was torn down in 1970, before Welfare Island became Roosevelt. But a significant, salvaged piece returns home tomorrow. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News All photos courtesy of the Roosevelt Island Historical Society. An Elevator Storehouse
- RIOC Flips September Board Meeting Back To Zoom“Please take notice that a Board of Directors meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 29th, 2021 at 5:30 PM,” RIOC posted yesterday. “Due to public health concerns and as authorized by Chapter 417 of the Laws of New York of 2021, this meeting will be conducted via videoconference.” By David Stone The Roosevelt Island
- Looking for Work? Job Openings at the Café on the Cornell Tech CampusNew jobs are available on the exciting Cornell Tech campus, and you can apply for them, right now, right here. The Roosevelt Island Daily News “We are currently hiring for cashiers and cooks,” says general manager Christopher Lewis. “Please see the following links.” Cashier – Constellation Culinary Group (jobappnetwork.com) Line Cook – Constellation Culinary Group
- Kim Todd Presents “Sensational: The Hidden History of America’s ‘Girl Stunt Reporters’”The Roosevelt Island Historical Society and the New York Public Library team up to host Kim Todd and her new book on Zoom on Tuesday. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Her talk, streamed from Minneapolis, is scheduled for Tuesday, September 21, 2021, from 6:30 – 7:30 PM. You can watch on Zoom from home or