Another all new WTF moment plopped down on Roosevelt Island, late Friday. RIOC’s again the carrier, although apparently out of the loop.
By David Stone
“On Monday, May 17th, Sony Pictures Television will be filming portions of The Blacklist, from approximately 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM in various locations throughout Roosevelt Island,” RIOC said in an “alert.”
But this left residents with even less time to prepare.
“On Sunday, May 16th, production will be clearing and holding parking in advance of the shoot for equipment trucks and production vehicles in the following areas:
- In front of and across the street from Foodtown between 10 River Road and 40 River Road
- The west side of Main Street between 405 and 475, as filming will be taking place in and around Riverwalk Commons, Granny Annies, Duane Reade, and Piccolo Trattoria”
Accompanying this all new WTF moment was a letter from Woodridge Productions. Woodridge seems responsible for location shooting for The Blacklist.
The letter sports an indefinite day in May and is unsigned.
Introducing Roosevelt Island’s all new WTF moment…
Woodridge says they have the “full cooperation” of the Mayor’s Office of Film, Theatre, and Broadcasting.
They do not mention RIOC, suggesting the state was out of the loop or simply out to lunch during development.
Also not noted: Who authorized taking over such big chunks of Main Street parking? And why so little notice?
Certainly, the production crew knew about this long ago, and the slightest consideration could have lessened the intensity of this all new WTF moment for our community.
More late news from the Roosevelt Island Daily…
- Is it expensive living on Roosevelt Island? Not when you know where to look“This just made me so sad for this lovely Island… “I just observed a woman urinating in a cup in the sitting area at top of subway steps/elevators. No public safety, no NYC police and no mta employees visible. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News “I have only been working on RI 5
- Happy Pride at Roosevelt Island Graduate HotelGraduate Roosevelt Island hosts Happy Pride, a series of pop-ups from NYC favorites on Saturday, June 26th. Graduate recently opened at the entrance to the Cornell Tech campus. The Roosevelt Island Daily News So, what’s up with Happy Pride The event includes Big Gay Ice Cream, nail-art and mini manicures from Paint Box, Magic Mix Juicery, a
- At last, RIOC shuts down its costly, mysterious COVID testing siteRIOC’s mysterious COVID testing site is closing, stopping the cash drain from residents’ pockets. But the state’s still unwilling to tell us enough about it. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News While lies and deception remain unchecked, RIOC says its Swift Rapid COVID testing site expires on June 30th. This follows an inexplicable
- William vanden Heuvel dies. The Founder and guiding spirit at Four Freedoms ParkYesterday, June 15th, 2021, William vanden Heuvel died at his home in Manhattan. The cause was pneumonia, but in real time, the man’s legacy lives on. He’ll not simply be remembered, his spirit will be embraced. By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News “We need the patience to prevail, the discipline to succeed, the
- First Roosevelt Island Film Festival Opens in Just 10 DaysHoping to start a tradition, the first Roosevelt Island Film Festival opens on Friday June 25th, with its first shows. Featured films run in the Howe Theatre in the Cultural Center. (Schedule & Tickets Here) By David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News As we reported earlier, the first Roosevelt Island Film Festival (RIFF) ends