Fifteen minutes before RIOC’s virtual Traffic Safety Town Hall was set to begin, Frank Farance emailed the state agency’s managers. “The meeting link for tonight’s town hall meeting is still not visible…” It never became visible. WTF?
By David Stone
The Traffic Safety Town Hall That Wasn’t
“RIOC will be hosting a Traffic Safety Town Hall and would like you to attend!” said a RIOC Advisory. It was repeated as recently as Sunday.
“Join us virtually on Wednesday, November 17th, at 6 PM, as we discuss Main Street and island promenades as it pertains to Traffic safety.
But it never happened, and something else never happened. RIOC’s vaunted Communications Team never informed anyone about a cancellation. Nothing. In fact, the state agency’s Live webpage still lists the event but says it “hasn’t started yet.”
As of this morning, there is no indication of what went off the rails or why RIOC’s well-paid, four-member Communications Team chalked up another failure. Under normal circumstances, we’d expect some word from RIOC today, but nothing about RIOC is normal. So, we’ll hang on an extended WTF for now.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Tribeca vs Chelsea in NYC. Which is best for you?If you’re thinking of moving to New York City, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between Tribeca vs Chelsea. Both neighborhoods are great places to live, but they each have their own unique vibe. Here’s a quick rundown of the differences between these two NYC gems. by David Stone Location – Tribeca is located
- Is Tribeca Worth Visiting? It’s New York City’s Film CenterIf you’re looking for a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Tribeca is not the place for you. However, if you’re looking for a place to find some of the best food, shopping, and entertainment in the city, then Tribeca is worth checking out. Here’s a look at what
- Can Bromance Turn Into Romance?Hollywood would have us believe that bromance is simply a close, Platonic friendship between two men. But what if there’s more to it than that? What if bromance can turn into something deeper, something more romantic? Let’s explore the possibility of bromance deepening into romance. by David Stone Defining bromance – what it is and
- 10 Reasons why you’d love living on the Upper West Side in New York CityHave you ever thought about living on the Upper West Side in New York City? Well, if you haven’t, you should! Here are 10 reasons why: by David Stone AD-> “Living on the UWS just puts you in an incredibly convenient location..” But there’s even more The people who live on the Upper West Side
- Racism on the Red Bus: Lost and Found or Left Behind?Racism on the Red Bus stunk its way onto an Octagon Red Bus yesterday, the first day of Black History Month. Found on a seat, it was either lost or – more likely – deliberately left there. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Racism pervades American culture, and Roosevelt Island was never an
- What Bromance Means Now As Barriers Come Down“Bromance” is a term that’s become increasingly popular in recent years, describing a close, platonic bond between two men. While the concept of bromance has been around for centuries, it’s only recently that it’s become mainstream and entered the lexicon. So what does bromance actually mean? In this post, we’ll explore its history and definition.