An ice cloud drifting silently, high above FDR Four Freedoms State Park, marked a peaceful Roosevelt Island Saturday.
I’ve loved watching clouds since I was a kid, and some always seem special. Like this one, seen from The Room in the park, while surrounded by others relaxing, enjoying the peaceful pleasures of Roosevelt Island.
- Mystery Solved. The Reindeer on the Roosevelt Island TramThe photo of the reindeer on the Roosevelt Island Tram always intrigued me. But I can’t even recall how I got it. I can’t even say which was more puzzling – the calm and steady reindeer or the woman concentrating on her knitting as the Tram drifted over the East River. But with some help
- Is Political Corruption as Widespread as Many Now Think?Corruption is a problem in many countries around the world. it is defined as the abuse of power by a person or group for personal gain. It can take many forms, including bribery, embezzlement, and cronyism. it can also involve the misuse of public resources for private gain. corruption typically occurs when there is a
- Love Your Clothes Again: Eileen Fisher RenewDo you have a closet full of clothes you love but don’t wear anymore? Eileen Fisher Renew is here to help. We take your gently-worn Eileen Fisher clothes and give them new life. Not only does this reduce waste and help the environment, but it also saves you money. Here’s how it works: by David
- Happy Shelton J. Haynes Cheapskate Holiday Now from RIOCWas a cheapskate holiday for Roosevelt Island exactly what RIOC President/CEO had in mind when RIOC’s contractor spread a much-reduced collection of decorations in early November? Downplaying local traditions is a hallmark of his administration. But is it anything more than laziness and indifference driving the new penny-pincher theme? by David Stone The Roosevelt Island
- Governor Kathy Hochul Has A Message for Roosevelt Islanders: Get Lost!“Get lost!” The message from Albany shot loud and clear down the Hudson, landing on our little Island. Hochul vetoed a bill constructed by Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright and Senator José Serrano, coordinating with Roosevelt Islanders. The bill aimed to create more local authority and transparency in running RIOC. This displeased the governor because it