An ice cloud drifting silently, high above FDR Four Freedoms State Park, marked a peaceful Roosevelt Island Saturday.
I’ve loved watching clouds since I was a kid, and some always seem special. Like this one, seen from The Room in the park, while surrounded by others relaxing, enjoying the peaceful pleasures of Roosevelt Island.
- New York City Mayor Adams’ favorability takes nosedive amid migrants, budget crisis(The Center Square) — New York City Mayor Eric Adams’ favorability has plummeted amid a migrant crisis, budget cuts and a federal investigation, according to a new poll. That’s according to a new Quinnipiac University poll, which shows the Democrats’ job performance approval rating has hit a historic low of 28% as he wraps up his
- The Importance of HomeFor generations, poor people have relied on each other to keep a roof over their heads. But in the world’s wealthiest country, we need more. By Kazmyn Ramos | December 6, 2023 Republished with Permission: The Roosevelt Island Daily News Too many of us have to depend on sheer good luck to make it — especially when
- What Is Chanukah – The Festival of Lights?Chanukah’s first day was Thursday. If, like me, you’re not Jewish, you may wonder about this joyful holiday. This year, we thought that a simple explanation made sense. Note: According to the Roosevelt Islander, “the Chabad of Roosevelt Island invites you to the Annual Family Public Menorah Lighting for the 3rd Chanukah Light on December 9 at
- Shuffling Schedules, RIOC Creates a Greater Gap with the CommunityA greater gap between RIOC and Roosevelt Islanders is not what elected officials expected when they grilled board chair RuthAnne Visnauskas earlier this year. Visnauskas assured Senator Liz Krueger and Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright that she’d increase community engagement. But the opposite happened and, as of this week, has accelerated. by David Stone The Roosevelt
- Now Is Your Chance for a Great Deal on Art, Thanks to Gallery RIVAAStarting Thursday, December 7th, you can take home some great art from our local artists at Gallery RIVAA, 527 Main Street. Affordable Art lasts just four days but brings a chance to win art as well as loosen up your purse strings for it. The Roosevelt Island Daily News Affordable Art is, for art lovers,