FIGMENT loved Roosevelt Island enough to bring the participatory arts festival back to Lighthouse Park. FIGMENT 2020 sought City of Dreams Pavilion proposals, but then…
By David Stone
Salvage Swings, winner of FIGMENT NYCs contest in 2019, welcomes its last visitors this week. Next year’s festival is already in the works.
FIGMENT NYC was set for Roosevelt Island on June 6th and 7th, 2020, again set again for Lighthouse Park.
But the coronavirus upset those — and many other — plans. But however delayed, FIGMENT still loves Roosevelt Island, and they will be back.
“FIGMENT catalyzes and celebrates an abundance of creativity and passion, challenging artists and our communities to find new ways to create, share, think, and dream.”About FIGMENT
More than art, FIGMENT wants to change the world, designing in ways to extend and preserve natural resources. We learn as we create for the future.
FIGMENT loves Roosevelt Island
FIGMENT NYC 2019, hosted by RIOC, invited visitors to Lighthouse Park to play and learn. The weather was perfect.
Art inviting them inside was new to many who walked in along Roosevelt Island’s East River waterfront. New experiences thrilled kids and adults.
Far from congested city streets, the park was ideal.
FIGMENT believes “economic and natural resources are limited and unequally distributed,” and they look for a “new way of thinking… to solve the problems.”
Interested? Sign up now. A September 15th deadline is just weeks away.
Get full details here. And check back for developments.
more from the roosevelt island daily news
- Haynes, Other Execs Cleared in the “Open Letter” InvestigationIn March 2022, a confidential source handed The Daily an envelope containing an “Open Letter” composed by a group calling itself “We Deserve Better New York.” Frustration and anger spilled off its pages, but the … Read more
- What’s the Latest on the Secret AVAC Failures?“The west side of the AVAC line is obstructed impacting garbage collection via vacuum along the duct work servicing building complex at Westview and BLG 531 (Rivercross),” a RIOC Advisory said. It foreshadowed worse to … Read more
- Dumpster Dive: What’s in NYC’s Trash Now — and What’s NotNew Yorkers are throwing away less, but recycling less too, according to new city data. Samantha Maldonado, The City This article was originally published on Sep 20 5:00am EDT by THE CITY The Department of … Read more
- 5 Ways Manufacturing Companies Can Cut ExpensesFinding ways to maximize efficiency and minimize costs is a crucial part of helping a business thrive. Discover ways manufacturing companies can cut expenses.
- How long has this been going on? The Gaping RIOC Leadership GapA leadership gap at RIOC, with roughly 150 employees, has been evident since mid-summer and has gone unaddressed publicly. That the situation was only marginally better before kept it from seeming the congealed muddle it … Read more