“Borough President Mark Levine in partnership with the Roosevelt Island Disabled Association will be providing at home COVID self-test kits as well as hand sanitizers at the RIDA Flea Market on Saturday 5/21 at Church Plaza starting at 11am.” – RIDA President Wendy Hersh.
Also form the Roosevelt Island daily news
- A Sanctuary or Betrayal? RIOC PSD’s New Failure to Protect and ServeRIOC’s Public Safety Department (PSD) has a simple mission: Protect and Serve. But this week, it was more like a repeat performance of past failures. The precedent is documented. The accident: waiting to happen. by
- Rebecca Seawright: Keep Roosevelt Island in Manhattan Assembly DistrictUsing forceful language and logic, 76th District State Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright argued in favor of Roosevelt Islanders’ interests. Her message, delivered for a Districting Commission hearing, reasoned against a proposed map that shifts the
- OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram Now Edge CloserTestifying before state lawmakers yesterday, MTA chief Janno Lieber answered a question about OMNY and the Roosevelt Island Tram. It wasn’t great, but it was much better than the hardball his agency took last November.
- Bullying: “I will shoot your head.” 10-Year-Old’s Threat at PS/IS 217By the time a worried parent contacted us about the bullying at PS/IS 217, it had gone on for over a year. It culminated finally in the death threat. School officials have been powerless to
- Born on Roosevelt Island, The Monkey King Swings Into 2023It’s the spring of 2018, and The Monkey King: A Kung-Fu Musical makes its debut at the Howe Theatre on Roosevelt Island. Commissioned by Kristi Towey at the Main Street Theatre & Dance Alliance (MSTDA),