“Borough President Mark Levine in partnership with the Roosevelt Island Disabled Association will be providing at home COVID self-test kits as well as hand sanitizers at the RIDA Flea Market on Saturday 5/21 at Church Plaza starting at 11am.” – RIDA President Wendy Hersh.
The Roosevelt Island Daily News
Also form the Roosevelt Island daily news
- Why RIOC’s New Constituent Services Department Is Total Bull-oneyNext up in its Hall of Cringe-Worthy Moments, RIOC’s screaming headline declares, “PRESIDENT HAYNES ANNOUNCES NEW CONSTITUENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT WITHIN RIOC.” It scores a triple crown of hypocritical, condescending and stupid. How can this highly
- Will Roosevelt Island Day Be Diminished Again This Year?Roosevelt Island Day shrunk after 2019, partly because of excessive COVID-19 concerns, but what happens in 2023? President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes’s organizers can regain some lost community support, returning some enthusiasm for 2023. But the
- Lunatic Fringe – Is Shelton Haynes Job-Hunting on Your Dime?Reporting that “He’s at it again” isn’t enough as what looks for all the world like RIOC President/CEO Shelton J. Haynes job-hunting secures a spot cleanly on the lunatic fringe. In a new paid public
- Latest Subway Crime Is Now Just One Stop AwaySubway crime goes unreported on Roosevelt Island, part of the “safest neighborhood in New York” pitch, but no rider can miss the untreated mentally ill nearly always present. Not helping them may be the worst
- Sportspark Inside – Shiny, Slick and New But Limited on Roosevelt IslandThe Sportspark inside tours commenced immediately after the ribbon-cutting last Friday. Discarding a calendar of intimate tours, RIOC President/CEO invited everyone present to line up at the entrance. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily