One of the most anticipated events in the Big Apple, the Macy’s Flower Show is a must-see for flower lovers and garden enthusiasts alike. Held every year in March at the iconic Macy’s store on 34th Street, this spectacular show draws visitors from all over to marvel at its beauty and ingenuity. In 2022, it’s no exception.
by David Stone
The Macy’s Flower Show
The Macy’s Flower Show began as a small event in 1924, when the store’s florist decided to showcase his talent and creativity by decorating the windows with floral arrangements. The response was so enthusiastic that he decided to expand the show into a full-blown event, featuring elaborate displays of flowers and plants from around the world.
Today, the Macy’s Flower Show is a major attraction for New Yorkers and tourists alike. Visitors can admire beautiful floral arrangements, see stunning gardens come to life, and learn about the latest trends in horticulture.
There’s something for everyone at the Macy’s Flower Show, from children who want to enjoy the colorful displays to gardeners who want to learn about new planting techniques.
So if you’re visiting New York City in March, be sure to stop by the Macy’s store on 34th Street and experience the magic of the Macy’s Flower Show. You won’t be disappointed!
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- New York City Health & Hospital’s Community Mural Project Graces Coler“Healing in Community,” a part of NYC Health & Hospitals’s mural project, went live on December 1st at Roosevelt Islands’s Coler Rehabilitation Center. It’s one of nine additions to the wide-ranging effort this year. by
- The “Eviction Machine” Now Slams Into Roosevelt IslandAs a community, we always thought we were immune from these things, but the “eviction machine” described in a New York Times article, is building up momentum, attacking Roosevelt Island’s most vulnerable residents. by David
- Who Just Made the Big Fat Silence You Didn’t Hear?It was RIOC, and that big fat silence billowed out in every direction as it had for months. Starting with brutal accusations in a lawsuit condemning a wide swath of Roosevelt Islanders as racists, the
- FDNY Canceled a Dozen Inspections, Including at a Brooklyn Public School, to Fast Track City Hall VIPFire chiefs raised concerns about favoritism in the earliest months of the Adams administration, internal emails obtained by THE CITY show, as well-connected developers like The Related Companies lobbied to cut the fire inspection
- The Pentagon Just Can’t Pass An AuditConservative lawmakers calling for cuts should start with the agency that can’t account for $1.9 trillion — not the programs Americans rely on. By Lindsay Koshgarian | November 29, 2023 The Pentagon just failed its audit —