by David Stone
Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
Hemp is an incredibly versatile plant that has been used for several centuries to produce a range of different products.
Some people grow it to use as food, others grow it because they are interested in its industrial uses. It is even possible to extract certain psychoactive compounds from the plant and use them medicinally.
Some people even use it to produce biofuel.
Hemp belongs to the Cannabis genus, but doesn’t contain many of the compounds that are usually found in other species in the genus.
It has traditionally been used for several different purposes and will help you produce foods, fuels and even building materials.
The first American flag was made of hemp, so it has even played a part in some great moments in history. It is also possible to extract some psychoactive compounds from the plant which some people use medicinally.
Hemp is an incredibly versatile plant that has been used for several centuries to produce a range of different products. Nowadays, people are also starting to realize hemp’s other benefits, like its use in medicines and biofuels.
Also from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- Now They’re Coming for Your Beer and My WineThere’s no mistaking the trend, driven by poor science. Federal government resources are coming for your beer and my wine. The CDC says every little swallow adds risk to your life and health, but looked … Read more
- New Art: Woman with a Parasol in Central ParkTimes change, and we are taking a fresh approach and looking at the world through art. In 1875, Claude Monet painted his early masterpiece, Woman with a Parasol – Madame Monet and Her Son. It’s … Read more
- Free This Week-Register for “Theater of War” at Four FreedomsA cast of stars reads from the Theater of War, from Sophocles’s Ajax, about “…the visible and invisible wounds of war.” The performance is followed by community panelist remarks and a facilitated audience discussion. The … Read more
- Adams Campaign Repeatedly Ignored Regulators’ Demands to Identify Supporters Behind $300,000 in ContributionsThe Campaign Finance Board flagged 600 donations suspected of having been gathered by undisclosed bundlers in potential violation of campaign finance rules. Several of the contributions figure in a recent indictment by the Manhattan DA. … Read more
- Can Narcissists Change? What the Research Says NowNarcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is challenging, not just for the individual who has it, but also for those of us around them. It’s frustrating, and you find yourself wondering: Can a narcissist change? Let’s explore … Read more