by David Stone
for Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
Hemp: Clothes Without the Downside
Click for details…
It’s not just another day in the life of a hemp advocate. Protecting the environment is, without question, one of the most significant reasons to wear hemp clothing. Here are some real-life benefits that happen when people choose to invest in environmentally friendly products.
Hemp fiber is made from the stalks of cannabis plants grown primarily in the Eastern parts of Asia. It is a strong, durable and natural fiber that can be made into clothing, rope and other products. Hemp continues to grow in popularity because it has few competitors when it comes to softness and durability (especially when compared with cotton).
The process of growing hemp requires no pesticides, creates minimal waste and reduces carbon emissions – making it a favorite of green enthusiasts. If that wasn’t enough, hemp textiles create less waste during the manufacturing process and require no bleaching, so they are often made with recycled materials.
Hemp is considered to be one of the planet’s best plants because it can grow in many climates without pesticides or herbicides. Hemp requires very little water to grow and in fact, is an excellent crop for cleaning soil in contaminated areas. Also, hemp needs very little fertilizing and does not deplete the soil in which it grows.
Hemp fiber is known to be extremely resistant to mildew and rot, making hemp clothing particularly popular in humid climates such as Florida or the mid-Atlantic states.
By now, you might be asking yourself – “where can I find some hemp clothing?” Fair question. You may already know that hemp is one of the oldest crops used for making textiles and it has been cultivated around the world dating back to at least 8000 BC. But still, many companies sell underwear, socks, jeans, t-shirts and more made from hemp.
If you are looking for a place to start, consider these popular brands which offer an assortment of hemp clothing.
While you are shopping around, don’t forget that hemp clothing offers more than just comfort and durability – it also protects the environment!
Hemp is the subject of many news stories and debates, so why not show your support for this remarkable plant? An investment in hemp clothing can help protect the environment by offering an alternative to cotton which requires massive amounts of land, water, fertilizers and pesticides. Choosing hemp over traditional textiles reduces waste when you are shopping for clothing. By avoiding toxins during the manufacturing process, we can help protect people and planet.
Thank you for reading! I hope it’s been helpful and provided a little insight into this thriving industry.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- How Practical Exercise Leads to Lasting Benefits in Health and BeautyWe all know that exercise is good for us. It’s been drilled into our heads since we were children. However, sometimes it’s hard to find the motivation to get up and move when we don’t
- Pet Health Insurance: Why It Matters and Which One Is Best for Your Dog or CatPets are part of the family, and pet health insurance is a must. Pets nourish us with companionship, unconditional love and support when we need it the most. In return, we supply them with food,
- What Are The Most Common Cat Health Problems?Ailments and injuries happen to all of us – even our feline friends. As a cat owner, it’s important to be aware of the most common cat health problems so you can keep an eye
- Can Cats Sense Health Problems? You Might Be Pleasantly SurprisedHave you ever wondered if your cat senses when you’re feeling under the weather? It turns out that they just might have that ability. Studies show that cats detect changes in their human’s health and
- New York City’s Crime Rate Is Lower Than You Might ThinkWhen you think of New York City, what comes to mind? If you’re like most people, you probably think of the bustling metropolis filled with towering skyscrapers and busy streets. You might also think of