by David Stone
for Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
Hemp: Clothes Without the Downside
Click for details…
It’s not just another day in the life of a hemp advocate. Protecting the environment is, without question, one of the most significant reasons to wear hemp clothing. Here are some real-life benefits that happen when people choose to invest in environmentally friendly products.
Hemp fiber is made from the stalks of cannabis plants grown primarily in the Eastern parts of Asia. It is a strong, durable and natural fiber that can be made into clothing, rope and other products. Hemp continues to grow in popularity because it has few competitors when it comes to softness and durability (especially when compared with cotton).
The process of growing hemp requires no pesticides, creates minimal waste and reduces carbon emissions – making it a favorite of green enthusiasts. If that wasn’t enough, hemp textiles create less waste during the manufacturing process and require no bleaching, so they are often made with recycled materials.
Hemp is considered to be one of the planet’s best plants because it can grow in many climates without pesticides or herbicides. Hemp requires very little water to grow and in fact, is an excellent crop for cleaning soil in contaminated areas. Also, hemp needs very little fertilizing and does not deplete the soil in which it grows.
Hemp fiber is known to be extremely resistant to mildew and rot, making hemp clothing particularly popular in humid climates such as Florida or the mid-Atlantic states.
By now, you might be asking yourself – “where can I find some hemp clothing?” Fair question. You may already know that hemp is one of the oldest crops used for making textiles and it has been cultivated around the world dating back to at least 8000 BC. But still, many companies sell underwear, socks, jeans, t-shirts and more made from hemp.
If you are looking for a place to start, consider these popular brands which offer an assortment of hemp clothing.
While you are shopping around, don’t forget that hemp clothing offers more than just comfort and durability – it also protects the environment!
Hemp is the subject of many news stories and debates, so why not show your support for this remarkable plant? An investment in hemp clothing can help protect the environment by offering an alternative to cotton which requires massive amounts of land, water, fertilizers and pesticides. Choosing hemp over traditional textiles reduces waste when you are shopping for clothing. By avoiding toxins during the manufacturing process, we can help protect people and planet.
Thank you for reading! I hope it’s been helpful and provided a little insight into this thriving industry.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- What Are The Different Types of Oak Trees?There are many different types of oak trees, and they can be found all over the world. Each type of oak has unique features, and they all provide different benefits to the ecosystem. by David
- A look at the work derisively called “hippie physics”In the late 1960s and early 1970s, several physicists became interested in the ideas of eastern mysticism, particularly those of the Indian guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. These physicists, including some of the most respected names
- LIFT THE SUPREME COURT’S VEIL OF SECRECYThese nine individuals make decisions that affect every American. Why should they get to do it secretly? By Jim Hightower | May 18, 2022 A Roosevelt Island Daily News Feature When Supreme Court member Sam Alito’s secret
- TUCKER CARLSON’S ‘GREAT REPLACEMENT’ THEORY COMES FROM AN ANTI-AMERICAN NAZIWhy has the American far right adopted an anti-American conspiracy theory as its rallying cry? By Juan Cole | May 18, 2022 The Roosevelt Island Daily News Before a hate-filled 18-year-old murdered 10 and wounded 3 African
- If you knew as much about pigs as I do, you’d changePigs are one of the most commonly misunderstood animals in the world and, as a result, one of the most cruelly mistreated. People are told that pigs are dirty, stupid, and smelly. But along with