There have been chilly outbreaks, here and there, but a Winter Weather Advisory from the National Weather Service, opens the gate for winter on Roosevelt Island.
by David Stone
3 to 5 Inches of Snow Predicted
The National Weather Service says the chances for snow are 100% with the only variable being “How much?” The Winter Weather Watch predicts 3 to 5 inches in a narrow band through New York City out to the tip of Long Island. Flakes may begin floating in after midnight, then pick up in heavier bands as daybreak approaches on Friday.
That’s plenty enough for snowmen and sleds racing down the slopes on the Cornell Tech campus. What’s more, it’s likely to stick around through Saturday. Warmer air comes with some rain on Sunday before a prolonged colder spell settles in behind it.
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- Sources tell The Daily that redistricting will cost us Serrano but Maloney and Seawright stay for nowThe 2020 Census demands redistricting responsive to the current population. This brings a once every decade shift in district boundaries and community representatives. by David Stone The Roosevelt Island Daily News Redistricting Means Change With
- Near blizzard conditions possible as coastal storm zeros in on New York CityThe coastal storm we reported on yesterday has grown more clearly defined. The National Weather Service upgraded the “Watch” to a “Warning” with concerning details. Closings and parking restrictions below. by David Stone The Roosevelt
- Dave Kapell Finally Leaves RIOC Board, Four Months After Our RequestWhen we learned, in early October, that board members Dave Kapell and Jeffrey Escobar no longer lived on Roosevelt Island, The Daily asked both to resign. Their appointments were based on their residency. Escobar, always
- Albany Democrats Seize Control of Redistricting, With Unclear Role for PublicClifford Michel and Farah Javed, THE CITY This article was originally publishedon Jan 26 at 9:59pm ESTby THE CITY/Sign up here to get the latest stories from THE CITY delivered to you each morning. After years of championing an
- Watch on for up to a foot of snow, starting tomorrow across New York CityUp to a foot of snow is forecast for Roosevelt Island and the rest of New York City. An official Winter Storm Watch is on, with flakes piling up, starting Friday night. by David Stone