“We are closing the Senior Center to all programing until further notice” said Senior Center director Lisa Fernandez.
The congregate lunch program will distribute grab-n go-meals 11:30-1:00 daily
Case assistance will be available remotely and in person 1 day per week.
Fred Calero – 646-870-8764 Mondays
Iris Moon – 646-870-8765 Tuesdays
We thank everyone for their understanding and patience
Effective Monday, December 27th until further notice
- All in-person programming is suspended – no in-person center activities
- Only grab-n-go meals will be provided at the centers
- Social Services will remain by appointment only and discretion should be used to postpone any in-person appointments unless they are for time-sensitive matters.
- We will re-evaluate this situation mid-January and keep you updated.
- Virtual programming should be scheduled wherever possible to replace in-person programming
More from the Roosevelt Island Daily
- What Black History Means to the 19th StaffBlack History Month has been reserved to acknowledge and commemorate the achievements of our ancestors, their great contributions and what they’ve done for the world. Growing up we learn about the likes of Frederick Douglass,
- A Budding RIOC Bromance Softens the Sugary NarcissismThe RIOC bromance between President/CEO Seldom Seen Shelton J. Haynes and Akeem Jamal first blossomed as Haynes’s longtime friend, Altheria Jackson, was shown the door. Haynes was so taken with Jamal, he hired him at
- New York City’s Energy Future on Roosevelt Island’s HorizonThe Ravenswood Generating Station, just across the river from Roosevelt Island, becomes a key to New York City’s energy future with a transition to offshore wind power. The facility, long known as a significant source
- Why cats are the best-evolved animals in the modern worldThere’s no denying that cats are some of the most fascinating creatures on the planet, but are they also the best-evolved? And while there are many reasons why they’re so special, one thing, in particular,
- Five Mindfulness Quotes Bringing Light and Insight for Life“Mindfulness” is a word that gets tossed around a lot these days. But what does it really mean? Is it just another fad or buzzword? Actually, mindfulness is an ancient practice with proven benefits for