My qualifications for finding the best vegetarian restaurant in New York City: I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years, and I live in New York City. I’m always on the lookout for great vegetarian restaurants, so if you’re looking to find one, this blog post is just what you need.
In it, I list some favorite places to eat as a vegetarian in NYC. They all have delicious food and excellent customer service. Enjoy!
By David Stone
Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
Good value in price and food is essential.
I want a restaurant where I feel like I get good value for the price of my food and drinks. Not everyone can afford to eat at a great new-York style steakhouse every day. In the best restaurants, the quality of the food is worth it. That’s why on this blog post price and value play critical roles.
One of the best vegetarian restaurants in New York City is Golden Unicorn. They have multiple locations, and the food never disappoints me. The waiters are very knowledgeable about their menu items and can answer any questions you might have. If you’re looking for a great meal at a fantastic price, Golden Unicorn has excellent options.
You also get a great meal deal at Blossom‘s two locations in NYC. For a set price, you can choose an entree, drink, and dessert. They have locations near NYU and on the Upper West Side, so you’re likely to find one close or easy to get to. The food is delicious, and there’s something for everyone on the menu.
Junoon is another great option if you want excellent Indian cuisine
New York City vegetarian restaurants ranked on reviews from Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Zagat reviews based on food, service, ambiance, and value for money.
The best vegetarian restaurant, according to Yelp is the Cinnamon Snail. The restaurant has a vegan menu, and the food is organic, gluten-free, and GMO-free. They also have a food truck that’s often parked in Union Square.
But according to TripAdvisor the best vegetarian restaurant in New York City is The Ginger Man. The ambiance and service there are excellent, and the food is divine.
Manna has come up as a winner based on Zagat reviews for its high-quality vegetarian food options that never disappoint customers. The menu includes Indo-Chinese dishes like Karela (bitter melon) Chili, which is one of my personal favorites.
So, these are some of the best vegetarian restaurants in New York City, based on my own experiences and reviews from others. Whichever one you choose, I’m sure you’ll enjoy your meal!
Golden Unicorn, Blossom’s, Junoon, The Ginger Man, Manna. These are all excellent places to get a great meal. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to expand your meatless options, New York City has some of the best vegetarian restaurants in the country!
Vegetarian food is one of the best things you can find in New York City. Even if you don’t eat meat, there are so many great places for vegetarians to eat.
New York City has a lot of top-notch restaurants, and many of them offer vegetarian dishes. We’ve narrowed down our favorite picks for you to explore the city from an omnivore-friendly perspective. Please come back with your thoughts if you have any feedback on these choices or want to recommend some other awesome spots!
Buy me a coffee.
More from Assorted Ideas, Large & Small
- What was like living in New York City in the early 20th Century?Have you ever wondered what it was like to live in New York City during the early 20th century? Well, today we’re taking a little trip back in time to explore what life was like
- Manhattan and Brooklyn Rents Flatten After Record Surge — But Don’t Expect BargainsRelentless increases that drove rents listed for in Manhattan and Brooklyn to record highs came to a screeching halt this fall, the latest report from the real estate brokerage Douglas Elliman finds. Greg David, The
- Could New York City Buses Become Free for All?As other cities experiment with fare-free transit, some MTA board members are calling on elected officials to come up with new funding sources that would allow the financially strapped agency to let New Yorkers ride
- FDR Four Freedoms State Park Is a Beacon of Free SpeechOne of the most important freedoms we have in America is the right to free speech. During World War II, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) declared four essential freedoms that all individuals should have access
- Escape From New York? City Tax Data Shows 2020 Drop in High EarnersNew York City’s economy survived the pandemic shutdown in 2020 because an unprecedented increase in jobless benefits buoyed households. The city avoided a fiscal crisis because a surge in capital gains for the richest taxpayers